Thread: Milwaukee

Liked: 201

Default Milwaukee

I know everyone is focused on the 40th but looking ahead to the Milwaukee event in August...is it still on?
    I have heard that all of the staff at the track was laid off and so I was unsure if the track would be hosting any events from now on....
    Anyone with any news?

Liked: 8

From June 9th 2009 -
    http://www.wisn.com/money/19942727/detail.html

continuing... saying the track office reopens next week.. thats good.

I'd be really disappointed if I didn't get to run the MM this year. Never done it before - looks like a fun track.
    Last edited by mike g.; 07.08.09 at 3:20 PM.
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Liked: 190

Default Milwaukee Mile is still a go

I talked to Jim Roemer (Milwaukee Region RE) and Bruce Lindstrand (Milwaukee Region Assistant RE) and the event is still on. They are working directly with the State Fair Park and the safety inspection happens this Friday. Those going to BFR this weekend will get the latest update.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

I sure hope they save the event, because if it gets cancelled, it will be the last Regional here in Cendiv until October, since the Brainerd race was recently cancelled.
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Liked: 3

Word from Jim Roemer at BFR was very positive -- the SFP people are very eager to have us there and are going to work hard to make it happen.

fingers crossed...

Contributing Member
    Liked: 49

Default Who's going?

I just looked at the DLB entry list, and it currently shows one FF and one CFF. Are others planning on going who haven't registered yet? That's the situation I'm in.

Also, looking for any CFF gear ratio suggestions.

Liked: 3

I'll be registering today (assuming my memory doesn't spring another leak).

Assuming 9:31, large rear tires, and 6800 redline.
    Stump-puller first gear, whatever you have or can find that's close to a 2.000 ratio (17:35, 17:34, 17:33)
    20:32 second gear worked well for me in '05, but I have since lost it. I haven't decided if I'll try 19:32 or 21:31.
    23:29 third
    25:27 fourth

The back straight is 1/4 mile long, and IIRC, you're shifting to 4th either as you straighten out after coming onto the oval, or else a little farther down track. The long sweeper back onto the front straight is flat out in 4th (if you have decent tires, otherwise a slight confidence-building lift), but tire scrub will slow you down there, especially if you're over-geared.

It's more or less 4 straights connected by 3 hairpins and a sweeper, so there's not a lot of shifting going on.

Liked: 0

Default On-Line Registration

Here's the link for on-line registration:

http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/RoadRa...racesched.html

Kay Imig, the Milwaukee Region registrar, has sent out an e-mail with some interesting facts and figures about the historic Milwaukee Mile. Here are some highlights:

The Milwaukee Mile has hosted auto-racing events every year since 1903, a full eight years before the first Indianapolis 500, making it the oldest continuously operating auto racing facility in the world.

During that time, the track has seen nearly every type of motorsports competition, from turn-of-the-century "speed contests" and 24-hour endurance races to Depression- and WWII-era open-wheel car duels, USAC stock car events, midget racing, and now CART and NASCAR competition.

The roster of past winners at The Milwaukee Mile is a veritable "who's-who" of racing history, including names like Barney Oldfield, Rex Mays, A.J. Foyt, Al Unser and Mario Andretti.

The rebuilding of the infield road course surface was completed in the Fall of 2006,
    which has further solidified the opportunity for car clubs to experience competition at The Milwaukee Mile.

Please visit
    http://milwaukeemile.com/TrackHistory/Introduction.asp for the complete story of this track.

I am still decompressing from the FF40th. Between now and The Milwaukee Mile, I'll get everyone caught up on EWC driver points, team points, contingency award winners, etc.

Steve Beeler, de facto EWC commissioner + FF40th co-chairman
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)441-4460 x1141 sbeeler@pmcorp.com

Thread Information