Liked: 11

Found this on Ebay today...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

Van Diemen didn't do the Honda motor did they? Has to be a conversion... but looks like a FSSCA car.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Liked: 6

This looks like the car the FSCCA car started out to be and should have been.
    Ron

Liked: 0

Primus displayed the Van Diemen motorcyle engine combination at the Runoffs at MO about 4-5 years ago and they would be your best source for info. As I remember, the car displayed did not actually have a motor in it at the time. I heard they only sold a few of these in the USA.

Liked: 1

Yeah it must be old look at the Yokohama tires on it? Did not the pro series use those tires awhile back?
    Scott there is your motorcycle engine FS car.
    £½ HAD TO TRY IT SEAN.
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

the car could be a SPREADS - which is out of Australia or South Africa (I forget). they have an open-wheel motorcycle-powered formula car which was written up in racecar engineering last year. i saw one for sale in Arizona at the phoenix national last january and it looks very similar to the SCCA car, but the nose is a bit sharper and rear wing sits lower. admittly the bodywork on this car is near identical to the FSCCA - and not like the SPREADS i've seen (although pictures are bad). the SPREADS is honda powered - with the engine actually set at an angle (something like 5 degrees off center) to balance out the imbalance of the engine weight (left side heavier b/c of clutch and drive gear).

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 270

VD made some of these Blackbird engined cars and at least one was demonstrated at the Sprints on practice day - I think Bob Shader drove it for a few laps.
    It was the basis of the Formula Ireland chassis that morphed into the FSCCA.

I remember seeing a karting school in CA that ran them a slew of them at Fontana . KRS..???

Liked: 285

There are a couple of these cars down at Willow Springs (one yellow and one red). Since the location of the car is Rosamond, CA, it's gotta be one of those.

I've seem them run at SCCA schools & regional races. This is the same as what was shown at the Runoffs in 2002. The rear bodywork is a different than the FSCCA car since they had to stretch it to fit the Mazda/Ford Duratec engine in there.

The rear of this car should be similar to the Van Diemen DSR running around in the SE.
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Scott there is your motorcycle engine FS car.
    This is only 1100cc and 900lbs. I think I can get the RT5 down close to that with the Hayabusa 1300.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Found it...
    "Van Diemen Formula X
    Our race cars are the most advanced cars available today. We use World Championship winning technology featuring Van Diemen cars and Honda high performance racing engines. Each car is hand-built and maintained by our experienced winning team. These racing cars are equipped with 6-speed sequential gear boxes, pushrod suspension, fully adjustable wings, racing slick tires and are capable of speeds exceeding 160"

http://www.kartracingco.com/
    I have seen them sell their cars on ebay in the past

Thread Information