Liked: 2

Default Fuel Pressure Gauge Questions.....

Some fuel set up questions come to mind as I try o plumb the old Lucas mech. FI system......

1. Where is the best place to install the fuel pressure (mech) gauge line into the system? Right after the pump or after the filter?

2. OK to run the electric HP pump vertical vs horizontal? Running vertical will give me more room to fitnecessary plumbing, pre-filter, etc.....

3. I have smiths mech. gauges, and have no idea what the fitting is. The one end of the gauge line fits the gauge fine, but I need to come up with some adapter to fit this into the fuel lines??? I can't seem to find any type of BSP to AN adapters anywhere??? Thoughts?

Thanks for any thoughts, comments, Scott

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1486

I believe pegasus has the gauge adapters. Plumb the gauge after the filter. That way it gives you an indication that the filter is clogged. if that's a high pressure system you might want to put in a gauge isolator so that high pressure fuel doesn't run thru the cockpit.

Thread Information