Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default Star Mazda not on TV?

I didn't see any listing for the Star Mazda races on TV? Anyone know if they are/will be shown on TV this season? Mazda has been sponsoring the Atlantic series through this year and without Mazda $$ and TV it will probably die at the end of the season. I wonder how strong the Star Mazda series will be without TV coverage? When the Teams and Drivers are trying to get Sponsors $$ it's a hard sell when there's No TV coverage?

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 291

Default mazda atlantix?

according to NSSN "mazda will return as sponsor of the atlantic championship series in 2010 and 2011"

enlighten my senior mind and differentiate all these mazda formula categories please

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default OK

Atlantics run a 2.3L Cosworth (very) modified 4 cylinder Mazda (Ford Duratech) piston engine.
    Previously known as Champ Car Atlantic, and prior to that Toyota Atlantic, both of which ran w/ 1.6L 4AGE Toyota 4 cylinder engines.

The Star Mazda Series Presented by Goodyear runs the Pro Formula Mazda w/ rotary power, Renesis RX8 engines specifically.

Prior to 2004, the Star Mazda Pro Series ran the plain old Formula Mazda (FM in SCCA parlance), powered by 13B rotary engines, of basically 1985 vintage.
    This series has had Speed Channel coverage since about 1999 or thereabouts.

Then of course there are the SCCA Formula Enterprises cars (FE) which have Mazda stickers on 'em as well. These run a basically stock version of the Mazda/Ford Duratech 2.3L 4 cylinder.

Cleared that right up, eh?

GC
    Last edited by glenn cooper; 06.01.09 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Thar wuz uh tipo

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 291

thanks Glenn, i hope there is not a follow up quiz!

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default wish we could see them!

These races are more fun to watch on TV than a lot of the "Big" name series.

Liked: 9

Default D.T. you mean you're not......

on the Patrick O'Neil guest/crew/groupie/analyst list? You should sell your psych/coaching services and be on the plane with him to all the races. Of course it might feel a bit like the movie "Analyze This" but you'd have a front-row seat.
    Ted/FM # 13
    Shoe String Racing
    On a Wing & a Prayer

Liked: 76

"These races are more fun to watch on TV than a lot of the "Big" name series"

To bad speed doesn't care. I believe Mazda was paying for the TV Time and most auto industry budgets have been cut for 2009.
    Butch
    butch deer

Thread Information