Thread: rule change

Liked: 23

Default rule change

I thought I saw a thread about a new Hoosier tire or something, and some max width(s) rules being rescinded in FC because of it. I went back to look at it again and couldn't find it-duh!

Anyways, if this is true, what exactly are the max width rules involved, and should F1000 follow suit?

Once again, stirring up the mustard pot.

Brett

Liked: 77

You may be confusing the Pro series with club racing. There are no changes in the works for tire rules in FC or FB.

Dave

Liked: 1868

There never was a "rules change". There was a bogus "clarification" (early last year?) of the meaning of the "max width" as shown in the drawing for FC - a "clarification" that changed the meaning from what it originally meant and had been accepted for, oh, maybe only 25 years or so.

You know what? Sorry I asked!

How come I find myself apologizing every time I have a question about something here?

Liked: 126

Dear Brett (Director of Uselsss Information),

The rules are in the GCR and/or in Fastrack (all online). You asked a question about FC rules in the FB section. The FB rules are different than the FC rules, especially the section pertaining to track width and maximum overall width. FB rules do not directly refer to the front maximum width at the tires, rather we recognized the issue in creating the FC rules and directed a maximum width of the entire car at 72". This was supposed to resolve the FC rule "clarification"... as Richard refers to.

I recommend that you remove your monicker (Dir of useless info) and recognize that people can appear to be harsh in writing but are usually not. Sometimes it helps to have a thick skin too.

Regards,

Rob

Liked: 24

Brett,
    What you might be referring to is in the June Fastracks there is a clarification to the max width of the bodywork for FA. Sometimes it only foolish not to ask the question.

Jason

Liked: 1868

Brett:

Nothing to apologise for!

You may have seen a comment I made in a post that a few weeks ago. I don't remember what thread it was in either, so finding it could be problematic.

The issue came about when someone asked for a clarification as to what the "max width" reference was alluding to in the FC drawing - the lines pointed to the rear tires, but not to the front. If I remember correctly, it was at the same time that some VD's starting having front overall width issues because of a new tire. Whomever it was that issued the clarification ignored 25 years of history of that rule, and changed its meaning entirely - somehow now the "max width" now is only referring to the rear tires, and not the overall max width. I guess that a 10 foot wide front track is now legal...............

I haven't looked at the FB rules in a while, and don't remember just how the drawing is done, so I cannot comment on whether or not there could be an FB issue here at some point.

Liked: 126

Nothing to apologise for Brett... my comments were a bit harsh. Welcome to the F1000 community.

Thanks,

The car should be ready by September. God, my wife, and the wallet willing, maybe the ARRC in November.

Liked: 43

Brett,

Welcome to the world of F-1000.

Is your car up North right now being built??

Thanks,

I sent the frame to Jay Novak to fit the subframe and a new radiator setup. Turned out to be a wise move as the frame was cracked at the lower attach points for the subframe.

The car is ready for shipment now, and I should have it back here where I can finish puttin' it together.

Brett

Thread Information