Carl 1:25.998
    Doug 1.27:320
    Dave 1:28.083
    Noah Smith 1:29.682
    Jared 1:29.747
    Butch 1:31.409
    Greg 1:26.675
    Robert 1:27.578

Congratulations to the winners Carl and Bill.

A special tip of the hat to Jared Timmerman for a job well done in his first series race weekend.

Dave Dawson

Liked: 1417

Nice job guys! And Carl right on the track record, too.

Any photos from this event? I'm anxious to see the new Mission in race trim.

Liked: 190

Default A Great Weekend

Grattan was a great weekend with FST being the largest entered racing class of the double event (12 out of 80 cars entered). We thought 11 cars were coming and at the last minute, 2 droped out, so we thought 9 would be the grid. To everyones surprise, 12 cars showed up at the track. Two new cars were at Grattan with Jared Timmerman driving the new Sugar Grove Custom Cars M-5 and Jim Nash took his new Mission on its maiden voyage. Jared did a wonderful job in a new car, on a new track and in his first SCCA race. Jim Nash's car looked great. Many people suggested it should stay in its gray color. Jim had some "new car" troubles, but I'd bet we'll see him get those fixed very quickly and be right up front.

The Saturday grid was very close with the first 5 cars separated by .7 seconds. Typical deal, brought my camera, but never took it out of the bag I'm sure there are pics and vids that will get posted.

In the Sunday morning qualifying race, Carl Middelegge set a new track record at 1:25.795. Considering that quick FF/CFF times were in the 1:22 range and quick FV times were 1:31 range, the cars are running right in the speed range we all wanted.

The Hoosier drawing for a free tire to a random finisher on Saturday went to Jim Nash and on Sunday went to Dave Dawson.

Thanks to all the folks at Western Michigan Region and all the workers that supported the event. Grattan is always a fun event and a great track.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 05.25.09 at 11:50 AM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Global Moderator Dave Woodmancy's Avatar
    Liked: 69

Congrats to Carl and Bill. I was there for the race on Saturday and Carl was on his A game! He checked out at the start and never looked back. Wish I could have been there to watch the action on Sunday.

Took a quick peek at Jim's "Mission". Great looking car on and off the track. My guess is it won't be long before its running at the front.

Woody

Liked: 0

Congratulations on the wins, Carl and Bill, and Carl for the track record.

I got to watch all three races sitting on the false grid -- Sunday's qualifier and main race were particularly exciting . . . you all really haul ass.

I want to thank all you folks for the hospitality and education I got on Saturday. I really enjoyed meeting all of you. Special thanks to Dave Dawson for the crew pass and doing the introductions.
    I gained alot of knowledge and ideas for my project and it really lit the fire to get it going.
    Congrats to all of you for putting on a great show. Only thing better than watching would be doing!!!
    Thanks again!!!
    Bob D

Contributing Member Carl Middelegge's Avatar

Doug,

Ask & you shall receive. I have posted pics of Jim Nash's Mission FST Car. It really looks nice even in primer grey.

Not to toot my own horn but I did set a new track record of a 1:25:773 in the Sunday morning Qual Race.

My car was great all weekend. Special thanks to Larry Campbell, Bill Bonow & Jim and Greg Schings for some updates that made all the difference.

I was there during the race on Sunday until i missed a shift comming out of 4 and damaged something internal in the engine .

Enjoy the pictures I will post some video with-in the next week.

Contributing Member Carl Middelegge's Avatar

Correction on the Track record. I found the Sunday Qualifying Sheet It's 1:25:795 I think as the last didget is left off the sheet? It should be up on my laps shortly and then it will be offical.

Carl.

Liked: 7

Default Thanks for posting the results...

Congrats to Bill and Carl! It sounds like everybody had a fun and safe weekend and I'm happy to hear that there were some new faces out and about in Firsts. I definitely missed being there this weekend.

I'm curious how many of the Grattan attendees are headed to Nelson in a few weeks?

Matt Gordon

Classifieds Super License samiam520's Avatar

Default Mission Pictures

Carl,

Do you have any larger pictures of the Mission? Those are only 128 x 85 Pixels.
    Scott

2006 Crusader FV & 2010 DFC10 FST

Liked: 67

Carl sent me the photos which I really appreciated. Oddly enough I did not take any of the car all weekend.

Thanks to all that lent a hand or knowledgeable advice as I worked on the car this weekend.

Jim Nash
    Last edited by Jim Nash; 06.30.14 at 11:50 AM.

Liked: 1417

Beautiful result, Jim. If you ever decide to build more, I'd be a FST convert.

Liked: 896

Default FST cars

I was at Grattan last weekend for my 1st race in 12 years in one of our F500 cars. I must say that I was extremely impressed with the quality & speed of the FST cars. I hope that these cars are the future of Vee as they are much faster & have a lot of promise for National Racing.

Thanks ... Jay Novak
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 50

Having spent a few minutes with Jim Nash' new car... It is a beautifull piece of work. A few minor things to be worked out yet, but it will be up front soon. The upclose interior is just as nice. Nice fabrication with real quality.
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

Thread Information