Liked: 1417

For Sale 40th Festival Flea Market Thread

This may be a bit early, but you never can be too prepared. The truth is there are a lot of cars (and drivers) coming out of mothballs for this event, and many people are heavily preparing for what could be the largest FF gathering in this country's history. In that, there will more than likely be a lot of cars, engines, wheels, parts and whole racing packages for sale immediately after the CAT Nats at the end of July.

So, here's your chance to not only get some in-person looks at what you might have to sell, but a chance to not have to ship anything before or after the race. Race your car, sell it, and have the buyer hitch it up and take it home. Got something big to sell and don't want to ship it? Bring it to Road America and have your buyer come and get it. Looking to move your whole setup after the race? Post it here, and get the biggest audience you can imagine to come and see it in person, and maybe take it all home with them after the race. Don't want to ship a set of wheels and tires? Bring them with and meet your buyer in person and save on shipping costs.

Feel free to also post things you might be looking for to bring home with you after the 40th, as well. Like, I'd really like to be able to plunk down cash for someone's spare carb to clutch Kent that they brought with them as an emergency backup for the "Big One." Dyno sheets are a plus, as is low mileage. You know you don't want to haul that thing back with you, just to have to ship it out later.

Don't forget, if you are selling cars after the event, post photos here so we know where to find it at the races.

See you all in late July!

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Default 1st item listed

Ok, I'll get this started;

My freshly restored original spec Monoposto Vintage FF70 - Club Ford Lola T440 Formula Ford is now up for sale with delivery to Road America for the 40th FF Festival available. This car has been selected to be the featured T440 model in the Lola tent at the 40th. This car is registered for the event and will be car number 40! This event registration will be transfered to the buyer's name. Car is currently in fresh primer & ready for buyer's choice of final color. More details & pictures to come.
    Per rules of posting I'm listing a sale price of $12,000 but this is in no way a firm price. I would just like to get something for the cost of parts, materials & my 8 months of restoration work.
    Added: Some pictures of restoration completed up thru body panels in primer & ready for final color coat, + I have about 40 more pictures that show more details & pictures of spares, wheel set, short & tall work stands, coil over springs, etc. Body panels, windshield, mirrors, etc. are just temporarily installed for these pictures before disassembly for final paint. Will fit drivers up to at least 6'1".
    Last edited by formulasuper; 12.04.09 at 10:56 AM.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Excellent! As always, make sure there are prices on everything so we know how much PAPER to bring with.

As was just pointed out to me, there will be no single better time to buy or sell a car than at this event, with pretty much the entire foundation of this class' history in attendance. There might never be another collection of expert knowledge on Formula Fords ever, anywhere!

Make plans and get your ducks in a row, because you could be traveling back home a lot lighter and richer.

...or heavier and lighter in the wallet.

Liked: 87

Default Cars/parts selling

Thanks Doug, I plan on going and I will post soon a complete list of ford engine parts, wheels and cars that I will bring to the event and whats for sale with prices.
    Can I get in trouble with Road America if I lay out a bunch of parts in my paddock space with pricing (looking like a vendor but not really???)
    Also, I remember seeing a Eagle FF for sale some time ago that had an eagle head painted on the nose but I cannot find the listing for it, is it still for sale and does anyone know if it is coming to the 40th?? Who owns it? Are any Eagles coming?

Mike Winebrenner

Liked: 2

For Sale Complete CF Race Package

My entire CF package is for sale and delivery after the FF 40th at Road America.

1974 - Zink Z10C -Ivey engine (dyno sheet avail), Reinforced rockers and heavy spring package as recommended by Steve Lathrop. Setup by Richard Morgan. 4 Revolutions w/Hoosiers, 4 Revolutions with mounted Hoosier rains, 4 unmounted Revolutions, over 20 spare gearsets, basic Pi2 System.

2005 - 24 foot Pace enclosed trailer with two 3500# axles w/electric brakes. Awning, side door and beavertail. 1 ton winch.

1997 - 36 foot Monaco Windsor motor coach. Cummins diesel pusher w/Allison 6 speed auto. Full awnings, A/C, Furnace, sleeps 4, no slides, 7500 watt generator, 2000 watt inverter, solar chargers for batteries, 100 gal H2O, 80 gal Dark H20, shower, microwave, refrigerator, gas range and more.

Lots of spare engine parts, brake pads,

Zink Z10C.......$14,000
    Pace Trailer.....$2,500
    Motor Coach....$38,500.

Complete Package $50,000

Trailer for sale seperately only after Zink sale. Prices negotiable. I will post photos soon.
    More info, email me at miallison@msn.com

Phone 704-528-1438
    Cell - 704-622-1960
    Last edited by Mike Allison; 07.05.09 at 5:19 PM. Reason: added pix

Liked: 25

Default Eagle FF

HI Mike,

I think that the car you were talking about was purchased by a friend of mine, and yes they are planning to have it at the 40th.

I will be talking to them shortly and get more details if you want.

Jeff

Liked: 0

Default Trade for FF or CFF

Trade or sell? I have a Model Year 2000 Honda S2000 trade for Race ready CFF or FF. S2000 has 55400 miles Silver exterior black interior. I plan on being and 40th with the Honda.
    Thanks
    Bill in Plainfield Illinois
    Last edited by Wswen842; 07.06.09 at 8:02 PM. Reason: New Milage

Default F-1 Club Ford

NEW '78 TIGA CLUB FORD
    "NEW 2009" '78 TIGA FFA-78 CLUB FORD. Just finished, the ultimate / most expensive ground up restoration that may have ever been done on a Club Ford.

Here are some of the highlights:

Rebuilt frame with tall roll hoop, anti intrusion bars, Swift type motor mounts and Prince control arms
    Ivey Engine (dyno time only) with new aluminum head and Hi-Tech header
    Rebuilt gearbox by Taylor with aluminum diff carrier (many spare gear sets)
    Fresh off the dyno Penske double adjustable shocks with new springs
    New light body work from England painted Corvette ZO6 Atomic Orange
    New small Tilton light weight clutch, hydraulic release bearing assembly and modified/lightened flywheel
    New Two Dogg ultra light rotors, lightened VW stub axles, and CV's
    New ICP ultra light calipers
    One off ultra light Horgas wheels with new Hoosiers
    New ultra light CR radiator
    New wiring, battery, switches, brake lines, water & oil lines, wheel bearings, belts etc...

This car was a winner at 987 lbs, but not sits at an amazing 861 lbs with over 35 lbs of rotating mass removed. A test day at Blackhawk Farms will be included along with a low mile 16' Tandem axle United trailer setup with work bench, racks, generator, tools, quick jack, stands pit wagon and many many spares.

This economy has had a dramatic effect on our business and I will sell the complete package for $35k or consider interesting (non race car) trades. If not sold, watch for us racing at the BVR Firecracker Quad Regional at Blackhawk Farms and the 40th at Road America this July under the Liberty Motorsports Banner.

Interested in trading for a Lexus, BMW or motorhome of similar value.

Del Bardell
    Day time phone: 815-389-5400
    Cell: 815-353-5862
    E-mail: prostitch@charter.net

Liked: 47

Default WTB gf air filter, kodiak wheels (silver)

WTB: ff airfilter and kodiaks.
    Ian
    Ian Lenhart
    Level 11 Creative
    www.level11creative.com
    lenhart06@yahoo.com

Liked: 47

Default WTB gf air filter, kodiak wheels (silver)

WTB: ff airfilter and kodiaks.
    Ian
    Ian Lenhart
    Level 11 Creative
    www.level11creative.com
    lenhart06@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by formulasuper View Post

My freshly restored original spec Monoposto Vintage FF70 - Club Ford Lola T440 Formula Ford is now up for sale with delivery to Road America for the 40th FF Festival available. This car has been selected to be the featured T440 model in the Lola tent at the 40th. This car is registered for the event and will be car number 40! This event registration will be transfered to the buyer's name. Car is currently in fresh primer & ready for buyer's choice of final color. More details & pictures to come.
    Per rules of posting I'm listing a sale price of $15,000 but this is in no way a firm price. I would just like to get something for the cost of parts, materials & my 8 months of restoration work.
    Added: Some pictures of restoration completed up thru body panels in primer & ready for final color coat, + I have about 27 more pictures, (see them at: http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u220/formulasuper/
    that show more details & pictures of spares, wheel set, short & tall work stands, coil over springs, etc. Body panels, windshield, mirrors, etc. are just temporarily installed for these pictures before disassembly for final paint.
    Photos added, see in my post at the top of this thread. More photos (the first 27) at: http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u220/formulasuper/
    Last edited by formulasuper; 06.18.09 at 11:06 PM.
    Scott Woodruff

Liked: 190

Default Lola T-540

Here is a link to a very nice Lola T-540 that will become available at/after the 40th

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/show...925#post215925

http://www.lolaheritage.co.uk/histor...er/t540_01.htm
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

For Sale

My white flag sell-off begins here and here. Can bring ANY of this stuff to the 40th with me to save on shipping... contact me via PM here or any of my listed IM contacts. Prices do not include shipping, if needed. PayPal accepted, money order and check ok, too (checks must clear), and cash is king.

• Panasport wheel set, gold. like brand new. They look to have been used once and then stored. No lip, 5.5" x 13" with 4/3.75" bolt pattern with the proper DB1 or Crossle 32/35/45 3.3" backspacing ... $650 SOLD

• Mk9 gearsets
      • 25/27 ... $75 SOLD
      • 21M/30S ... $75 SOLD

• Pegasus gear change tray, new ... $45 SOLD

• Momo suede flat-bottom, cut-top 250mm steering wheel, new ... $180

• (1 pair) Hawk black LD19 [HB117] brake pads, new ... $45 SOLD

• Pegasus Kent engine stands, light use ... $115 SOLD

• Pegasus Ultimate rain light, new ... $40 SOLD

• PBS Formula Car quick jack, used ... $160 SOLD

• Pegasus 16" chassis stands, light use ... $90 SOLD

• Kuhl tool sets (-4, -6 and -8) and (-10, -12 and -16) ... $135 for both or $70 each SOLD

• Arai GP5 helmet NEW, size Medium ... $1000 SOLD
      • SN2005 rated
      • Arai GP5 dark smoke fog-free visor + clear visor
      • (30) Arai GP5 tear-offs
      • Fleece-lined Helmet bag

• Sparco arm restraints, new, black ... $25 SOLD

• Oakley CarbonX underwear SOLD
      • Medium long-sleeve top ... $125
      • Balaclava ... $55

Liked: 23

Default Steering Wheel, Heat Shield, LD20 Calipers, perhaps GY Rains

Some extra parts in the garage that will be at the 40th for sale (unless sold prior):

Used but in great condition steering wheel, Momo 260mm drilled for SPA quick release (10-32 buttonheads) and for PTT bracket (flathead 10-32). $100

DB1 Heat Shield, NEW as recently sold by AFBENSON here on the board. My HyTech header seems to go just a but more up and over than what this was designed around, so made my own. Hence this one is for sale. Same price as AFBENSON $45
    http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33765

Used but Porter re-plated and rebuilt LD20 calipers. These have not been run since plating & rebuild and kept on the trailer as spares. Now have ICPs so the used LD20s take offs are now my spares. $150 each; $250 for the pair (sorry, no pictures currently, the are actually still on the trailer 75 miles away; will be at 40th)

1 Set of Goodyear Rains, New never run, but several years old. These will not be available until Sunday morning of the 40th (once I know I won't need them!). They have changed hands over several people and have been mounted/dismounted but they have not been run by any owner. $250 for the set as new; if it rains, used and less...

Tim
    swiftdb6 at gmail dot com

Last edited by TimW; 06.20.09 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Added contact info
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

Contributing Member Tom Tipsword's Avatar

Default Flea Market

I have an excellent body for an RF82 VD (w/windshield) that I can bring to the 40th. I think I also have the metal engine sides as well. Email me for pix: 2tipsword@avenuebroadband.com Should be a steal at $350.

Per rules of posting I'm listing a sale price of $13,000 but this is in no way a firm price. I would just like to get something for the cost of parts, materials & my 8 months of restoration work.
    Added: Some pictures of restoration completed up thru body panels in primer & ready for final color coat, + I have about 40 more pictures that show more details & pictures of spares, wheel set, short & tall work stands, coil over springs, etc. Body panels, windshield, mirrors, etc. are just temporarily installed for these pictures before disassembly for final paint.
    Lola #40 now finished. Can be seen in the Carl Haas/Lola tent throughout the weekend.
    Scott Woodruff

Liked: 553

Lola #40 now finished. Can be seen in the Carl Haas/Lola tent throughout the weekend.
    I saw this car earlier this week and it is perfect in every way. I especially like the wheels. I wish I was in the market for a FF. Would love to own this car.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Anyone have a mechanical tach housing for a Crossle 32? My housing is leaking at the motor end, and even though it's just a drip I need to replace it.
    No time to order and install before we leave, so if one is available, please email me at openwheel27@hotmail.com.

Thanks,
    Wes

Liked: 4

Suggestion for protocol on the 'flea market' side of things- maybe a poster board taped to the side of your trailer with a listing of any vehicles/spares in your pit that are for sale? Probably make it much easier/quicker for everyone running down pit lane looking to buy bits, or wondering if a car is available.

Default For Sale Signs

I will be looking for an FF or CFF to buy, It would be nice to see cars that are available for sale clearly marked with specifics like chassis manufacture ,year and classes that it is eligible for us newbies.

Contributing Member Mike Scanlan's Avatar
    Liked: 94

For Sale For Sale 1979 PRS RH-01

This car got a frame-up rebuild in the last 6 months with the intention of taking it out to the 40th. I ran a Lime Rock test day in the car and it will be at the 40th running in Groups 4 & 9. Here is some of the work done.
    -Aluminum bellypan (hysoled)
    -Hydraulics all rebuilt
    -All new Aurora Rod Ends
    -New bodywork (old beat up pieces available as spares
    -Rear uprights rebuilt by Protech with new bearings
    -CV Shafts rebuilt with new CV's and new boots
    -New Jones mechanical tach and cable
    -New battery, ign sw., kill sw., wiring, etc.
    -711M engine with cast head, original crank (std./std.), 7" tilton clutch, Bosch Dist w\pts.
    -Gearbox rebuilt, 9:31 R&P (Cryo treated), shifts like butter
    -Frame stripped and painted
    -FIA rated fuel cell (mfg. 2002)
    -New Penske shocks; 7400 series single adjustable
    -Radiator reconditioned and all new hoses
    -Spares include some a-arms, track rods, Uprights (2 rear, 1 front), calipers (1 ft, 1 rr),
    front and rear bulkheads, driveshaft, brk pads

Asking $14,000 with spares. More pix can be e-mailed on request. I'll be at the 40th in Jim Little's trailer or I can be reached:
    516-353-5767 - Cell
    partstop80@aol.com
    Last edited by Mike Scanlan; 07.17.09 at 7:20 PM.

Default FF Parts

In addition to the RV, Trailer and Zink CF I'll be bringing the following to the 40th. The stuff will be in my trailer. look for me if you are interested in anything and/or email or call me.

email - miallison@msn.com
    Cell phone - 704 -622-1960

Leaving for RA on Monday AM, 7/20/09

• 1600 Aluminum ARP Dry Sump Oil Pan - $250.00
    • 2 Slotted Brake Rotors, Alum. Hats - $75.00 ea
    • Intake Manifold - $75.00
    • Front Engine Covers w/Tach fitting -$45.00 ea.
    • Rear Engine Covers - $25.00 ea.
    • Screw on Oil Filter Adaptor - $10.00
    • Hewland Transaxle Housing – Repairable crack - $125.00
    • Race Prepped Valve Cover (steel) - $35.00
    • Flywheel. Machined for Tilton Clutch – with Tilton Clutch $300.00
    • (2) Stock Flywheels – $75.00 ea.
    • Stock clutch disks - free to good home
    • Jones Mechanical Tach - $125.00
    • (2) 5 port Oil Pumps with gear - $100.00 ea.
    • (3) Starters – Stock Lucas, Bosch, and fresh rebuilt Super Starter $25.00, $75.00, $200.00
    Misc. Other stuff

The #40 Lola T440 Monoposto FF70 CFF finished it's first test day since the recently completed restoration at Rd A (Road Atlanta) Friday with zero defects. The car ran & drove each session with no problems, just gas & go. It's now being loaded for the trip north to the other Rd A for the 40th. Be sure to check it out in the Haas/Lola tent starting Wed. evening.

Now listed on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160350368680
    Scott Woodruff

Liked: 25

Default FF Parts

I have loaded up for RA and digging through things left from my CF, I have found the following:

2 stock clutches - pressure plate with disc - about 20 hours each - replaced at rebuilds. $30 each or offer.

2 Lucas starters with drive - 1 pretty ugly and one clean but was replaced $5 or will donate!

BAT 5 port oil pump with fittings - was working well - about 20 hours since last rebuild. $100 or offer

- Frank Chambers
    White DB1 #47/4
    Red 16' Pace Trailer w/"Chambers Engineering" on rear door
    Burgundy 2005 F250

Back Home: All still available, but the starters definitely are not worth shipping and the clutches are marginal. I will post a picture of the pump in the regular classifieds soon. Contact me if interested - "chambersfw_at_yahoo.com"
    Last edited by Frank C; 07.28.09 at 10:08 AM. Reason: After the Event

For Sale Panasports + Exhaust Header

I am planning on coming up to the 40th on Sunday 7/26 and plan to bring the following items. If interested contact me and we can arrange to meet Sunday.

FOR SALE:

3 - Gray Panasports - Excellent condition. Bolt Pattern: 2 5/8" bolt to bolt, 3 3/4" across diagonally bolt to bolt. Offset: Backplate mount to outer rim = 3.3"
    Refer to attached pictures. Price: $375 + shipping.

1 - used Crossle 45 exhaust header. needs paint. Price: $75.00

Denis Downs
    cell# 708-990-2942
    email: Denis.downs@att.net

Liked: 313

It's been a thrash getting the car back together so I hadn't even thought about the flea market. Anyhow:

I am looking for 1 or 2 Kodiak/Compomotive 4" inner wheel halves.

I have for sale a Simpson Speedway RX FR helmet, size 8, plain white, Snell 2005. Worn about 10 minutes. You can't tell it from brand new and it's still in it's box. I'll tell the story about why I have it and am selling it if you come by to look at it. Make me an offer.

See Dave Harmison Club Ford #10, a very tired looking Royale RP-21

The #40 Lola T440 Monoposto FF70 CFF finished it's first test day since the recently completed restoration at Rd A (Road Atlanta) Friday with zero defects. The car ran & drove each session with no problems, just gas & go. It's now being loaded for the trip north to the other Rd A for the 40th. Be sure to check it out in the Haas/Lola tent starting Wed. evening.

Now listed on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160350368680

Car sold, thanks ApexSpeed!
    Scott Woodruff

Thread Information