Thread: H&N in a FV?

Liked: 1417

Default H&N in a FV?

How many FV guys use a HANS or any other H&N device? The cars I have sat in aren't tremendously roomy (understatement), but I don't think I want to race anything without a HANS on my neck. How is the general fit in FVs with HANS devices? Or are there just not a lot of FV drivers using them yet?

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

I ran my first event in my Citation last weekend wearing a HANS (first time in the FV, have used a HANS for 3 years in a sedan). Didn't even know I had it on, which has always been my experience using it. I did trade my 20M for a 30M for the new car. One thing that you need to check for is clearance from the chin spoiler on the helmet to the HANS. Depending on your seating position and helmet design, that can be an issue. Mine's tight, but OK.
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Liked: 0

I have a HANS model 30m for my caracal C. The car is very tight and liad back, but i don't notice the HANS at all. The only problem is I have a difficult time getting strapped in the car by myself. I'm 6'0" 175lbs and I have sat in many Vees with my HANS and have never had a problem. Hopefully we'll see you in a Vee sometime soon Doug. I went through the whole buying a new car thing two years ago, so PM me if you have anymore questions about getting started.

Liked: 0

Default DefNder

I wore a defNder for my drivers school at Nelson Apr 18th-19th. My car is fairly roomy in between my front/rear roll hoop, but tight to get into, I Didn't even feel it getting in/out and buckled in and driving, it was great. It worked out well too b/c I had to switch into a Civic cuz my engine went in the first 15 mins and the adjustability was a good factor, although it was hard to adjust, probably should've read the directions on that.
    good luck this year,
    Steven
    SCCA WDCR
    Crew # 92 1986 Reynard SF2000
    Driver:# 92 1989 ITA Honda Civic Si

Liked: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Varano View Post
    Hopefully we'll see you in a Vee sometime soon Doug. I went through the whole buying a new car thing two years ago, so PM me if you have anymore questions about getting started.
    Thanks for the input, guys. I won't get into a car without a H&N at this point, and I wanted to see if others were using them in tight Vees. If things go my way in the near future, I will more than likely be in a FV soon. I have a few irons in the fire, I just need to move the DB1 out quickly.

I'm really looking forward to it.

d

Liked: 16

I use a 30M in my car with no issues, like the previous post said, I don't even notice it.

I leave the shoulder belts pretty loose while I am strapping in and then tighten those last, as once they are tight, I can't see the camlock anymore.

No issues fitting in with it though.

Good luck with your vee hunt. Give me a call when you're ready, the Tsunami's the cleanest on the market! :-) I may be biased of course.
    Stephen Saslow

Thread Information