Thread: Fox Shock Guide

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Fox Shock Guide

On the Swift I just purchased it looks like it has the Fox shocks with the external canisters, blue dial on shock and canister for adjustments. Does anyone have a manual or guide to help with what does what? I don't see any markings for a baseline. Thanks

Joe

Contributing Member Mark Walthew's Avatar
    Liked: 34

Red dial on cannister adjusts compression. 1 is "softest" and 8 is stiffest, Blue dial on shock adjusts rebound. I think turning it clockwise looking at the shock from above the end with the blue dial increases rebound. I can't remember how many settings there are. I have not raced my car for 10 years, I just sent dampers to Fox last week for rebuild. If you need a contact at Fox let me know.

Liked: 0

Default Shocks

Joe,

Stop by. i having the info off off my last DB-1 with Foxes. The ole gal ran pretty well.

Liked: 4

Default Fox Shocks

Quote Originally Posted by Joefisherff View Post
    On the Swift I just purchased it looks like it has the Fox shocks with the external canisters, blue dial on shock and canister for adjustments. Does anyone have a manual or guide to help with what does what? I don't see any markings for a baseline. Thanks

Joe
    I doubt there is a guide. The below guidance is same as what I have. How adjustable they are varies wildly. Depends if they are stock of not. Depends if they have Penske internals.

My are currently being "Re-Worked" by Steve Lathrop @ ICP. He knows how to get these things to work effectively.

Be very careful to not jamb the coller/shaft adj. Most guys like to work backwards from number of clicks closed.

Lathrop suggested that beyond the 2 adjustments on the shock, you can tune with Can Gas Pressure.
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone and I'll stop by Mike. I need to get the measurements on your nose box too!

Joe

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Change the oil just like you would in ypour car.

That is what Chris Billings at the shock shop told me.

The rest of the info on adjustments is correct.

Be very careful when turning the knob on the body CW to not bottom it out hard.

Sometimes the adjustment will stick and you will then have to disassemble the top portion (not getting into the oil/pressurized areas) especially if the little cross pin gets out of position.

Thread Information