Contributing Member Brandon Dixon's Avatar
    Liked: 127

Default Citation F1000 Progress

I haven't posted much lately, but there has been some progress. I was able to drive "the car" down the street on Saturday afternoon. There is still a lengthy punchlist to be ready to go to the track, but it will happen this summer. I'll attach some photos as proof.

Brandon

Liked: 3

Default Nice!

Nice looking car Brandon. Hope to see you at the track very soon. Looks like you are very close now...

Sean

Liked: 553

Wow. That is looking awesome. Dang!
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default ANOTHER F'Thou

Hits The Streets - Get it?
    Looking good, man.
    Maybe 2x Regional @ Barber this summer?
    GC

Liked: 43

Great looking car. Bring that thing to the June Sprints so I can have a better look.

I hope to be at that point of construction in about a month.

Brandon was at the Friday test day prior to the Road Atl national. It seemed like a pretty good first outing in the car. They were trying to determine why the engine wasn't running at 100%. Hopefully a replacement crank angle sensor will help. As far as I know, they didn't have any chassis or other drive train issues.

The car looked sharp. I really find it interesting how these various conversions/home built F1000 cars have things done differently. It was fun to look at the different parts of the car. Neat stuff.

Today (Saturday) is qualifying with the race scheduled for early Sun AM. I think there are 2 FB cars entered - Brandon & Glenn Cooper. Good luck to them both. Weather should be perfect for racing and watching.
    Last edited by RussMcB; 09.30.09 at 10:01 PM.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 0

Looks great. Good luck.
    Ken

Liked: 126

Looks familiar, but like Russ says, there are quite a few differences between Brandon's and my car.

Good Luck Brandon... and Coop.

I just heard Brandon finished the Rd Atl national race in second place behind Glenn Cooper.

Awesome debut, Brandon!
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 151

I just got home to Huntsville, Brandon is probably still headed home or is unpacking.

A new crank trigger sensor only fixed it for a little while and it started getting bad RPM data again and triggering the rev limiter at random times. That engine may have been making some metal that was contaminating the crank trigger(it ohmed out faulty again after the morning session on Saturday and was fine after we cleaned it off). The engine was definitely tightening up as Brandon lost a lot of speed down the back straight between Friday morning and Saturday morning(oil temps and pressures were reasonable).

So, we stuck another motor in on Saturday and ran it this morning without issue. We thought that we should take out the motor that was hurting while it was still a good core for rebuild and before it punched a hole in the block.

We had been chasing a differential problem on our shakedown runs a few weeks ago and on the test day. It looks like we made good progress on it Saturday as it ran the warmup and race without issue. Brandon came in part way through the race so we could look the car over and was able to go back out without issue.

IMO it was a very productive weekend as we worked through several issues and had a better car by the end of the weekend. I'm not sure what the next race will be, either the sprints or the double national at RRR.

Thread Information