Liked: 21

Default Phoenix Information

With so much of the information about the new car spread out over several threads and on dozens of different post, I thought that it might be a good idea to consolidate all of the information into one location. It will make it easier for people who want to compare.

* Built in the USA
    • No exchange rate
    • No international shipping
    • Spares ship quicker, and for less money
    • Call factory direct, no international phone calls, no middle man mark ups.
    * Second generation F1000
    • We have applied everything that we have learned building and racing the F1k.07 to the F1k.09 design
    * The F1k.09 was designed utilizing the latest in engineering software. CFD, FEA, and Suspension Kinematic Analysis tools allow the Phoenix engineering staff to drive the car as a simulation long before the first chassis tube is cut.

* Lightest car in class
    • The F1k.09 is a whopping 230 lb under weight. Virtually any driver will be able to be under the rules mandated 1000 lb weight minimum. To add the nearly 75 lb of ballast to get Mark Jaremko up to the minimum we bolted a ¼” thick steel plate along the underside of the chassis, talk about adding a long life to your rub block!
    * The F1k.09 has a cockpit sized to accommodate a huge range of driver sizes. The size of the cockpit in conjunction with the vast adjustability of the driver controls means that all drivers can find a comfortable position in the car, allowing a driver to get the best feel from the car and the best lap times. The car was designed for a driver size range of over 6’ 4” tall and 250 lbs to under 4’ 8” tall and 110 lbs.

* Phoenix offers more equipment standard.
    • Normally aero add-ons are sold as options at an additional cost; Phoenix Race Works provides these parts standard with the sale of a car. More specifically, the standard items included are duel element front and rear wings, rear wheel ramps/flip ups, radiator cooling chimneys, and barge boards. These parts can add thousands to the price tag, but they are included in the base priced F1k.09
    • Penske double adjustable shocks with bespoke valving and Eibach springs come standard.
    • Carbon fiber attenuators front and rear are standard.
    • Kevlar side intrusion panels that are more than 4 times thicker than the rules requirement come standard.
    • Front and rear adjustable anti-roll bars are standard.
    • Aim data/dash system comes standard.
    * Phoenix also offers more options to buy, offering a kit for $29,995 USD, a roller for $39,995 USD, and a turnkey car for $49,995 USD (first five only).
    There is lots of value in the turn key option.
    * AIM Mychron3 Dash is installed, wired, programmed and ready to race.
    * 2007-08 Engine has been prepped by George Dean and plumbed with a Run-Offs winning wet-sump oiling system.
    * All work done is by the factory that built the car….we’ve already tested and raced the car and know what works and what doesn’t.
    * Contact us for more information at:
    wrightracingworks@msn.com
    Last edited by Wright D; 04.08.09 at 4:46 PM. Reason: 2 engineering degrees and I still spell like a 3rd grader
    Dustin Wright
    Phoenix Race Works L.L.C.
    www.phoenixraceworks.com

Default Another info sheet

Let me know if I miss spelled anything. I am the worst at proofing my own work.
    Last edited by Wright D; 04.08.09 at 6:26 PM.
    Dustin Wright
    www.phoenixraceworks.com

Liked: 0

As always good lookin Dustin.

"More specifically, the standard items included are duel element front and rear wings, rear wheel ramps/flip ups, radiator cooling chimneys, and barge boards."

cant wait to see this new body work. Do you already have a customer testing schedule worked out?

Liked: 707

While I was on vacation in Phoenix a few weeks ago, I spent a little time with Dustin at the Phoenix Raceworks shop looking over the F1K.09. Dustin was more than happy to show me all the neat little details on the new car. However, it's not just about the details, this car is significantly different than the '07 and it appears to be much improved. Dustin even showed me some of the aero tricks and future development pieces, knowing that I could easily copy them (I won't.)
    If you're in the market for an F1000, you owe it to yourself to talk to Dustin. He's an engineer, not a salesman but his enthusiasm for his car sells it.

To top it off, he lives literally within walking distance from my parents. Next time I'm there I can have a beer with someone besides my mom and dad...

Oh yeah, happy birthday, Dustin!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Liked: 3

Have to second what was just said- when I was in Scottsdale for the month of January (escaping the Iowa winter) I spent the better part of an evening getting the "tour" of the new car as it was taking shape. No sales pitch, just a racer talking to another racer... if this economy ever turns around I'll be in the market for a F1000 and this car is presently at the top of the list... only problem is, my driving ability will be pretty embarassing after someone like Jaremko drives one!

Default sales pitch

This car can make anybody go fast!

How's that for a sales pitch, HA!

Thanks guys,
    Anyone who knows me, or has ever met me for that matter, knows I love to talk about race cars.
    Dustin Wright
    www.phoenixraceworks.com

Thread Information