Liked: 25

Default LOLA subgathering?

I am willing to coordinate a gathering of Lola FF's if there is interest in doing so? Between three of us Wisconsin based racers, (Cheeseheads), we plan to have one of each series of Lola FF's on display including the 1000th Lola built (a T-342).

We could even rent a nice tent for the weekend and gather up as many Lola's as possible.
    I have some other ideas, and will get started working on them now!

Additionally, I will be trying to get the word out to the vintage groups to increase the participation from the cars that started it all!

Feel free to PM or preferably e-mail me at: Jeff at Knoebel dot com

Thanks

Jeff Jagusch

Default IT's official!

With help from LOLA and Carl Haas we will be having a LOLA tent.

We are working on a nice gathering and plan to have a great time!

More details to follow

Jeff

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

email sent
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 0

Default Lola subgathering

We're bringing our Lola T340 Serial number HU007 from the left coast and would love to be included in any gathering. Our car is NOT an example of a restored car, as it is heavily modified and raced in the SF region. It DOES look nice and races competitivly.

thanks

Jerry and Elliott Lampkin

Default T342

Thanks Jerry and Elliott

You are certianly welcome to join in the fun, I will have my 342 on display, it is the 1000th Lola built, and was restored last year to about as original as can be.

At this point we have the complete line up set for display, and are working on details for the weekend.

It would be fun to get a photo of all of the Lola's together

It promises to be a special event for sure!!!

Jeff

Default LOLA

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Jagusch View Post
    Thanks Jerry and Elliott

You are certianly welcome to join in the fun, I will have my 342 on display, it is the 1000th Lola built, and was restored last year to about as original as can be.

At this point we have the complete line up set for display, and are working on details for the weekend.

It would be fun to get a photo of all of the Lola's together

It promises to be a special event for sure!!!

Jeff
    I too am planning to be there with a 440 from Canada. I will look for the tent! sound great!

Ian

Default Check your entry packet

the TENT is up, and we will have a small reserved paddock section for any LOLA that would like to join us (by no means manditory) in the paddock (look for the signs)

Lola drivers, the Milwaukee Region will be putting a flyer in your registration packet.

Just an informational packet about what we are doing this weekend!

Should be GREAT FUN!!!

In case anyone has questions throughout the weekend feel free to call my cell (414) 861-1614

Jeff

Liked: 2

Would someone please tape a picture of my car on the tent post so I can be there in spirit?!?!? This is killing me!!
    Man will race anything. It's in his blood. His Soul. He must.

Kurtis C. Shirley MacLane FV (sold), Lola T644 (sold), Murray FK1 FST (sold), Vector MG-95FF (sold), PRS 82F (sold), Lola T340... AKA PRS82F

Liked: 106

Wow Jeff, you know how to throw a party!! Great time, great people - but I think you were closing the wrong eye during the 'washers' game Sat night!

Thanks!

Gary
    Gary Tholl
    #24 BlurredVisionRacing

Default LOLA

Thanks Gary,

Based on the response, I think we did OK.

Jack's Disco ball was SO cool,
    EVERYONE we met was great!

We made friends from California (Congrads Elliot!), Georgia, Canada, Ohio......

What a blast!

I had a fuel cell problem so was not able to run the feature race, but my overall impression was that the event was over the top.

I had high expectations going in, and Steve and Mike along with the Milwaukee region SCCA and the Road America staff did and outstanding job. Hard to thank them enough

<10 years to the 50th!!!

Jeff

PS, I've got some LOLA 50th posters left yet, if anyone needs one, I can send one out
    they are folded so should fit in a large envelope

Liked: 95

Default One wonderful event!

My T540 was one of the cars that had the privilege of being in Jeffs' Lola model display this weekend. On Saturday afternoon I slipped away to secluded spot to grab a short nap. From what I was told, a young couple stopped buy and they were looking at our cars and asking questions. From everyones' discription, the girl was the hottest creature they had seen at the race track all weekend. Super short skirt, "furrin" accent. She asked if she could sit in one of the cars and, of course, they said yes.. which one would you like? She replied "the red one!" (mine) She then lifted that super short skirt even higher and wiggled behind the wheel of my car. Quite the sight, from what I was told. Only I wasn't there to enjoy it, and no one got any pictures.
    Bummer!
    Last edited by racersonly; 07.27.09 at 6:02 PM.
    Jack Bartelt
    Lola T540 CFF

Lola's have that effect on women!
    Man will race anything. It's in his blood. His Soul. He must.

Kurtis C. Shirley MacLane FV (sold), Lola T644 (sold), Murray FK1 FST (sold), Vector MG-95FF (sold), PRS 82F (sold), Lola T340... AKA PRS82F

Default LOLA tent

A few photos from our LOLA tent
    Special thanks to LOLA, Carl Haas and Hewland !!!! We tried our best to display a bit of history

Jeff - Ron Halm and I certainly enjoyed your hospitality. It certainly was the most memorable event that I have ever attended.

Default Thanks

Ron, it was sure a pleasure meeting you and the other Ron!

Glad to hear that you had a good time, I sure did as well, and enjoyed meeting all of the other guys that made their way to the event.

Let's plan for the 50th!

DISCO BALL AND ALL! (thanks Jack!)

PS, we are still trying to identify the leggy supermodel that climbed into Jack's car!

Liked: 95

I'm tickled as hell that my disco ball was such a hit. When it's not illuminating my paddock spot, it hangs in my bedroom for when I have kinky sex. Unfortunately, it only gets used at the race track!
    Jack Bartelt
    Lola T540 CFF

Default 40th

We are back in Canada and settled back into our routine. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone we met at the Lola tent for all their hospitality. Jeff you really helped make the event even more fantastic than it already was. Hoping to see everyone at the track again sometime soon.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Your Canadian friends,
    Ian, Mike and Bob

I'll second that thanks to Jeff Jagusch for organizing the Lola gathering. It made my first ever FF race weekend even more to remember besides being the 40th. In my 20 years of open wheel road racing it had to rank right at the top of the enjoyment category.

Quote Originally Posted by glendale View Post
    We are back in Canada and settled back into our routine. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone we met at the Lola tent for all their hospitality. Jeff you really helped make the event even more fantastic than it already was. Hoping to see everyone at the track again sometime soon.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Your Canadian friends,
    Ian, Mike and Bob
    Scott Woodruff

Liked: 106

Did you ever get one of those Saturday night Lola posters, Scott??
    Gary Tholl
    #24 BlurredVisionRacing

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_T View Post
    Did you ever get one of those Saturday night Lola posters, Scott??
    Yes, but I had to steal the whole box to get one myself! I thought Jeff was going to give them all away to everyone that came by before I could get one.
    Scott Woodruff

Default Black Lola

Hi, Anybody know who owns the black 342 that was running # 26--28(?) I think? It wasn't running the air scoop. It was one of the best restored examples I saw that weekend. The guy was also running a Swift with opposite numbers

Default T342

Hi Jake,

Did you stop by our Lola tent and see the Gold 342 (1000th Lola)?

You would be hard pressed to find a more original, completly stock T342 (I'm more than a little biased as the owner!)

The Photo is of Carl Haas kneeling , and I have a nearly identical photo of him by the car when it was new in 1975

Jeff

Liked: 23

Quote Originally Posted by JAKESTERONE View Post
    Hi, Anybody know who owns the black 342 that was running # 26--28(?) I think? It wasn't running the air scoop. It was one of the best restored examples I saw that weekend. The guy was also running a Swift with opposite numbers
    Do you mean Jim Roberts? Ran both a newly restored Lola & his DB6. I think both cars ran #82.
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

Thread Information