Liked: 24

Quote Originally Posted by RoadHazard View Post
    So does that mean you enjoy onanism?

Look it up: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/onanism

...O_MY.....

Contributing Member
    Liked: 109

Default Update on exhaust

Well, I added a second muffler and tested routing the exhaust out a piece of conduit. No change in volume. I believe it was stated somewhere that the exaust isnt the loud part for some generators. Verfied!!!!

Corky!

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1488

Most of that noise comes from the cooling fins transmitting all the mechanical clank inside the motor. The little hondas, yamahas, and Kipors put a lot of ducting and insulation along the way to knock that down. It also helps that a dc generator driving an inverter only has to run at an RPM to handle the load, instead of something like 1800 or 3600 RPM like a synchronous gennie has to turn.

Liked: 24

Got pictures....or the where did you get the big-o-cups
    Quote Originally Posted by bill View Post
    I also use the centuri generator exhaust, I use large rubber suction cups to attach the rubber bracket to the side of RV, takes the pressure off the exhaust just fine

Liked: 0

Check Harbor Freight... search suction.
    Charles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information