Liked: 0

Default Blue Grass entry form

Hi folks,
    I am a few days late with this but the details have finally been worked out and I think we have a very workable show for you.
    Please read the letter attached and the entry form. The entry cost will be based the number of entries and you will be given a refund if it applies at registration. If we get additional cars showing up that are not pre-registered you will get a refund check before you leave the track.
    Pre-registration is very important as we have a mininum of entries. I have worked it so you can pay 1/2 the entry by June 8, 2009 and the balance anytime after that up to registration.
    Race is open to SCCA FV, F First, F Ford, Club Ford and FRCCA spec Ford class.
    Please Pre-registar!
    If there are any questions please contact me.
    John
    JH

Default what about winged cars?

CFC and FC not invited? FC is grouped with FF/FV/FST in SEDIV. Worked ok at the Road Atlanta National last weekend.

Really, I always thought that the speed differential would bother all involved?
    If the lower HP cars don't mind we could do it. But I want to hear from them and the high HP guys because like I said I awlys thought it was a poor mix, but I have been wrong before.
    Speak up guys.
    John
    JH

Default Maybe just have CFC?

At the national test day, I was the backmarker in my 1991 71F Crossle (rocker arm) car. The 'real' FC, FE and FM were blowing by me very quickly.

Maybe you could try it with CFC cars (95 & older) since there should not be an exponential difference in closing speeds? That might sooth some of the other competitor's concerns.

I know I was extremely intimidated by the national level cars in attendance, having just gotten my regional license back. I was testing repaired suspension and improved (hopefully) bodywork and only tried to do the last two sessions. The last session was after 2 laps, so didn't get as much seat time as I need to remove the rust in my bones.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Do IT CFC at the very least and FC if it flies with the lower HP guys.

There is a reallllyyyyy looong straight that will make passing easy

Liked: 50

We will probably be there with at least 2 of our FST's. There may be more. I suspect the FC mix will not be well accepted and will impact the FV/FST turnout. At least one issue being that a decent running FC will cut the FV/FST race short by at least 2 laps.
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

Default that's why limit it to CFC

Jim:

That is why I suggested limiting it to CFC. Older and slower cars.

Usually driven by half-fast drivers like me.

Example: FC time at Rd Atl national was in the 1:26 or 1:27 zone.

Froggy usually comes in around 1:31.

Mark Hatheway, driving my car ran a 1:30 in 2006.

I don't know RacerDave's times at the feb race, but he was slower than Froggy.

Really good time for CF at Rd Atl is 1:35. Most CF are 1:36-1:38

I think your estimate of two laps down would be hard to happen, but 1 lap down for sure.

Winged cars, even slow ones, give something else for the spectators to see.

We need to have CFC's in this race.

The spectators will have something else to look at.

So Far based on what I am hearing I think it would be OK. Can you pass the word to your friends and competitors?
    Thanks,
    John
    JH

Default format?

John:

Did I see a post from you about the format? something about 2 long sessions on sat Pm and Sun PM as well as something on Friday?

Are you thinking of grouping FV/FST for one of the PM sessions (races) and then CF/CFC/FF for the other PM seesion (race).

If so, that migth be a very good situation and allow the FV/FST cars to get their full number of laps and also avoid closing speed issues.

Yes, the plan is to keep the VW based FC and First cars seperated from the Fords all weekend, Friday Sat and Sunday.
    We would also us split starts for all classes.
    Thanks,
    John
    JH

This is what hapens where you hands don't listen to your brain you get FC out instead of FV. I meant FV and First.
    John
    JH

Default year cutoff for CFC?

John:

I have had an inquiry from a fellow Apex member regarding the requirements for CFC.

I believe Cendiv uses 1995 and earlier and NEdiv uses 1990 (?). SEdiv used to have a CFC at 1990, but the sub-class was eliminated due to lack of participation (just FC now in SEdiv).

What year cutoff do you expect to use for CFC?

One other issue concerns racing organizations. You are FRCCA and have your own logbooks and tech inspection rules etc. I have a SCCA logbook, homologation form and annual inspection..

What is needed for me to be OK with FRCCA?

Other side: Trans-AM is SCCA series. What (if anything) needs to be done for SCCA to accept FRCCA logbook etc?
    Last edited by rickjohnson356; 03.27.09 at 12:42 PM.

Liked: 4

Default Bluegrass Trans-AM Event

Via a PM I suggested to John that he consider using 95 or older.

If other FRCCA Members are interested, John indicated that If I don't get my SCCA logbook in time, my FRCCA Logbook will suffice.

Now my challage is to figure out how to get the time off from work and how to get my car to the track without a tow vech. My normal rental will not allow out tows that far.
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

FRCCA accepts SCCA rules, logs and license.
    Not worried about Trans - Am They have no jurisdicdiction as far as I am understanding with what we are doing. You will all be "outlaws" for the weekend Welcome to the West.
    We often have SCCA cars and classes run in the FRCCA. All classes other than the FRCCA Spec class that may be there will be SCCA rules. I know CFC isn't a national class so I am hoping that 1995 and older is a good cut off.

All also remember that ANYTHING with a FORD behind the driver will run completely seperately from anything with a VW behind it (there is an FRCCA club spec class car that will be different) but as far as FV F FIRST are concerned your races are your own NO FORDS. No cutting short because of a lapping situation by a ford powered car.

Thanks,
    John
    JH

Liked: 50

I like it..
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

So does this mean that CFC is going to be a class that is run?

SWEEETTTTT

Liked: 190

Steve,

This will be a very fun weekend for FV, FST, FF, CFF, CFC
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Yes Steve CFC is invited. I look forward to meeting you and the other guys that have been posting.
    I think it is going to be a great weekend, I am looking forward to it.
    I don't know if I mentioned it but Camping will be allowed for those who desire to.
    Thanks,
    John
    JH

Thread Information