Senior Member Becker Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 0

Default VD bellhousing oil suction tube

gentlemen, the stock oil suction assy used on the 95 VD bellhousing wears over time and subsequently begins leaking oil. Does any one know of an aftermarket replacement which uses an AN fitting to connect the hose to the oil pump in lieu of a hose clamp?
    I have seen this application on other cars, but I don't know if they were made or purchased. this is definetly a better setup.

thanks for any imput

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

Ernie - send me a pic of your current setup.

Just got back from spectating at Cal Speedway. Not a bad turnout given the economy. Only 3 FCs though. Pacific F2000 down to just 12 entries though

Rick I will try and figure out how to send you a picture, or have my son come over and teach me. basically its the stock VD setup, a steel tube [.992 OD] with 2 o-rings near the flanged end. the flanged end is secured to the bellhousing with 2 screws. externally, it simply has a continuation of the internal tube with a ninety degree bend on which the hose to the oil pump is attached via a hose clamp.
    to date I have hand lapped the internal side of the flange to the bellhousing, wereas no gasket has been used between the flange and bellhousing previously I plan to add one.
    additionally I was thinking of eliminating the current external hose connection and coverting it to AN-10 male fitting, and adding a 90 AN female degree fitting to oil hose.
    If you want to send me a PM with your phone # and I can call you, ernie

here's how it's done on my car:
    Last edited by Rick Kirchner; 11.13.11 at 10:51 PM.

Ric, thanks for pic, that is the direction I want to, were your have the AN fitting,mine has a hose with a clamp connecton [very poor arrangement]. It looks like yours was modified by brazing a male AN fitting to the pick up tube. Did you do the modification ?

Mine was converted when I got it but I changed from a -12 to a -10. I use those passenger car spring clamps on the oil pump lines under the pan and they have never leaked. Constant pressure and the ability to flex with heat. You might try those.

Are you refering to the 'oetiker 'clamps?

No - just standard spring-type hose clamps. Just have a look under the hood of your car. They stopped using screw-drive clamps years ago. The spring clamps are a PITA but they don't loosen up!

Thank' s for the info, we are going to try and make the May race at buttonwillow, and the Octoberfest as well. Hopefully we will have a new rear wing setup regards ernie

Thread Information