Liked: 50

Default Trans Am Weekend at BlueGrass Motorsports Park

Here is an idea for FV / FST Exposure:

Blue Grass Motor sports park just called me and they had a venue cancel from their scheduled TransAm Race on Sept 4-6. The track scheduler thinks that FV-FST's put on a great event and they would like us there... Lots of exposure, we can hand out flyers, etc. We don't get an oportunity like this very often.. We have to provide our own tech and event scheduler person(s). The down side (if you want to call it that) is that we need to have 25 Cars there.

They also don't want to screw the Ohio Region who is putting on a Sept 12/13 Regional there also. So we would like not to simply move cars over from the Regional to this event. If you have an interest please let us know ASAP. This is still tentative. At this point it looks like entry fees will be in the $200+ area !
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

Where's the FRCCA guy? If he's looking to get a foothold in the midwest, this could be a perfect opportunity.
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Liked: 0

Hey I'm here,
    I was just sidelined for about a week with some shoulder surgery.
    I'd like to find out more about it and from who ever I need to meet with, I am interested.
    John
    JH

Liked: 3

Default Bluegrass event

.... for what its worth, I'd be VERY interested in that weekend in my '84 CFC Reynard car if that works with you guys. I live just 60 miles away in Louisville, and will be @ WatkinsGlen the following weekend with the SVRA series. I have 2 or 3 FF and Club Ford guys around here that may also be interested, and 1 more FV if he hasnt sold it in the last few weeks..... I will spread the news this week.
    Keep me posted to your plans please !

Ardie

Liked: 23

so, to alleviate the proposed event not effecting participation the following week, would the facility allow parking of transporters for the week between? That could make further tows worthwhile since Louisville is a Southwest Airlines city and can get in and out relatively cheaply to get back to work the week between (certainly cheaper than towing there and back twice...) Two weekends for one tow make a further tow more appealing for me, not that I have a FV or FST though.

Looks like a great facility. Almost wish I lived down there. Isn't the initiation cheaper there than every other auto country club out there and prolly most golf country clubs too?
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

Default trailer storage

I'd be willing to bet Bluegrass can find someplace to park some trailers for the week.... but if not, I'll offer my place to anyone who needs the excuse. I'm about 60 miles to the track on the east side of Louisville, and about 14 miles to the airport. I have 5 acres that could certainly hold a few truck/trailers if it helps.
    FYI - CVG airport is even closer to the track (like 30 miles ?) on the KY side of Cincy.

Hello to all,
    I am looking at working with Blue Grass to put the open wheel part of the show on. One key item is how to capture how many entries we would have in open wheel classes. I if put something out on this site as far as a rough entry sheet do you think that would work.
    Thanks,
    John Heckman

frcca@ptd.net
    JH

John,

I assume you mean some kind of survey on the site? It sounds ok to me. I will be talking to them again to find out what we can reasonably fit in as far as sessions and classes. Thus far I am a little disapointed in interest. A spectator event where we can showcase Formula cars and I have only gotten a coulpe responses.
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425

Yes something like that. I will also be talking to them for similiar questions and I have done a generic pole of a few of the FRCCA regulars from the NE division and found several interested parties.
    John
    JH

Default bigger audience idea

You may want to consider posting this on the "other boards" on APEX for a broad audience. Normally, I don't look at this section, but just stumbled onto it the other night.
    I have 1 CF guy very interested, and will see 3 more guys @ lunch Thursday... I'll spread the news around in the area if you'd like !

Ardie

I posted on this one since they specifically asked for FV an FST grouping. Depending upon counts, I assume they would have no problem with a mix of CFC/FV/FST, etc, or if counts were high enough even 2 groups..
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425

Thank you and I will post on other areas too. I am just rying to get my act togerther since this just came to me on Monday of this week.
    Below are some answers and thoughts.
    To answer a few questions I have talked to the track again and to answer a few of your questions
    1. There will be NO PROBLEM storing a trailer there for the week between for the FFrst guys.
    2. Friday track time (TT) will be 30 minutes sessions from 9 - 5:30
    Saturday TT is 30 min practice and a 30 to 45 minutes practice or race.; I haven't worked a schedule yet. Need to look at possible car counts, but I think we may use this as our qualifyier.
    Sunday 30 minute session then 30 - 45 minutes for races. Potentially time on Sunday for 2 races using the 2 sessions so we could split groups for Sunday Mains? Thoughts???
    Looking for constructive input guys. We may have some visitors from the East too with what are basically CFs.
    I do think we need to limit what cars can run due to speed differences?? FV/FFRST/CF/ FF?? No wings?? Split for Sunday could be FV & FFRST and then CF and FF.

Thanks,
    John
    JH

Liked: 8

I'd be game for both weekends with the club ford at Bluegrass... I'm in Dayton so the tow isn't too bad, I could even bring it home to fix what I break the first weekend :-)

Keep us updated!

-Mike
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Remember that there is a double regional at Mid Ohio put on by OVR labor day weekend to compete against.

That said, I would love to bring my CFC to BGM for an extra race before the WOR Games.

Liked: 58

Default This will be a BLAST!

I've been communicating with Jim about this on email but thought I should put something in the forum as well. We used to do the Pro-Vee support race for the ALMS at Mosport. It was a ton of fun! The fans were there to see the headliner but enjoyed our race as well. It was well worth the trip. This event sure has the potential to be as much fun.

Liked: 8

Think it could be opened up to FA as well? I have my Ralt rt4 ready for the season and live in the Louisville area.......I would LOVE to participate!

Belair / Cliff Von Hoene

Entry froms should be posted sometime next week for this event.
    John Heckman
    Pres. FRCCA
    JH

Liked: 64

This sounds exciting. I hope you allow CFF and FF. Contact Steve Beeler I bet he can add 20 cars!

Default Not this year...

Wes:

The EWC is booked at the new BlueGrass Raceway the following weekend for the WOR Games. Too bad this TransAm weekend deal came together late...

Steve Beeler, de facto EWC commissioner + FF40th co-chairman
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)441-4460 x1141 sbeeler@pmcorp.com

Thread Information