Contributing Member
    Liked: 26

Default Rubber Nitrile Gloves

Hello all,

many of the guys on my crew and other teams we have seen use Blue Nitrile Gloves when working on the car. If you use these gloves you likely have had the same exp. with the gloves not lasting, turning small nuts / bolts seem to always cause a tear in the glove. Some fluids also tend to destroy the gloves. Pretty much cheese if you will.

We found a new manufacturer of gloves and they work great. Very tough, little if ever tears. They are called "Black Lightning" and are made by Lightning Gloves. I dont know where they are made, their toll free number is 800.540.4397 if you want to find a dealer in your area. Just an FYI on what we think is a good product and have had a good exp. with.

Respectfully,

Blair Robertshaw

Liked: 19

I've found that Kimberly-Clark brand are also much more durable than most others.

Liked: 210

Quote Originally Posted by SWMyers View Post
    I've found that Kimberly-Clark brand are also much more durable than most others.
    I ended up with a box of Kimberly-Clark Powder-Free Latex Exam Gloves. I'm not a big fan of working with gloves on. But I used them during the oily, greasey and very messy disassembly of the Reynard including the high 'glove stess' deriveting process. Never had one tear. Tactile feel is excellent.

That particular model may be more rugid then your average as med. workers really don't like gloves that rip and expose them to biohazards.

Then again, the plain white latex isn't as stylish as the black or blue ones.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 3279

McMaster-Carr has a pretty good selection of rubber and plastic gloves.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Thread Information