Liked: 0

Default Summit Super Mini-Series Announced

The FRCCA announced today that it will maintain a new mini-series for its members running in the American Racing Series and the Bill Scott Formula Car Series. The new mini-series will be called The Summit Super Mini-Series and will count the best 8 of 10 races held in conjunction with the ARS and BSFCS at the Summit Point Motorsports facility. A champion in all classes including the SCCA designated classes will be crowned at the FRCCA year end banquet.
    For more information conact John at frcca@ptd.net or cal 570-669-9589
    JH

Liked: 13

Is this "Mini-Series" and its championship open to any club driver or must the driver be a FRCCA member?
    yours for the Sport, AJ

To bew qualified for any FRCCA championship points including the mini seres a driver must be a member of the FRCCA. To join contact me at frcca@ptd.net or call 570-669-9589
    John
    JH

Liked: 13

John; Does this mean if I want to run the BSFCS I MUST join the FRCCA?
    Please, let me know ASAP as I want to set up my racing schedule for 2009, Thanks
    yours for the Sport, AJ

No. Let me see if I can clarify a bit more.
    The Bill Scott Formula Car Series is a completely seperate business and series. That said the series needed a sanctioning body to help it put the shows on, because to put a race on right for any organization takes a small army and some additional knowlegde that a race track doesn't necessarilly have nor should it. Enter the FRCCA, Jens Scott and the FRCCA have put their collective abilities and knowledge together and come up with what we know as the BSFCS.
    Now the FRCCA sanctions races at other tracks too. Therefore it was decided to use the BSFCS to let the FRCCA club members run for an FRCCA club what we call a mini-series which is nothing more than a series within a series. So 10 of the BSFCS series races count toward the FRCCA overall series the American Racing Series Championship which spans a total of 13 races at not only Summit Point Motorsports Park but also other tracks. That series is broken into 2 mini series also so an FRCCA member has the ability to run for 3 FRCCA championships and the Bill Scott Formula Car Series championship. We (FRCCA) like to give our drivers as many challenges as we can.

To be eligible for the Bill Scott Series all you have to do is show up at the track that is all, no matter who if any club you belong to.
    JH

Thread Information