Liked: 0

Default Ship large items by Greyhound

Just a tip on ways to save money - Greyhound Package Express is the best / most economical way to ship big items (yes the bus guys). I bought a diffuser from Brian Tomasi near Chicago and it cost about $40 to ship to CA - UPS would have been over $100. It arrived in perfect condition. Brian was a great guy to go a bit out of his way to ship it that way.

I have also shipped large RC airplanes and they have all arrived in fine shape. The shipper drops it at a Greyhound terminal and they ship/bus it to your closest terminal. Greyhound calls you when it arrives. Done. It took about a week to get from Chicago to Monterey during the holidays.

http://www.shipgreyhound.com/

The limits
    Max weight: 100 lb.
    Max dimension: 30 inches X 47 inches X 82 inches
    Max value: $1000

So it is perfect for those larger items - diffusers, body panels, wings, etc.

Don't work for them, just thought I would pass on a tip - should save enough $$$ for race gas for one weekend.

- Rob

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

Thanks for the great tip. Just got ripped off by USPS. They are expensive if you have a large box. They consider anything over 20" sq. a large box. Then they double the price.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Shipping

USPS is great for shipping items in their standard-sized priority boxes. You can even go on-line and order their priority boxes (free). They are much cheaper than UPS, but this starts to change as the size of the box goes up. The tip on Greyhound is excellent. I had forgotten about them, but now I have some things in mind!

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Thread Information