Thread: Regional Racing

Liked: 9

Default Regional Racing

I am looking for some feedback on the nature of regional racing for F500. What are the typical car counts at regional events. How are they trending. I live in Ohio and would race at track in Ohio Indiana and Michigan.

Second question. How old of a F500 chassis is too old? Is an older chassis upgradable?

Thanks

Liked: 10

Here's the general participation numbers for last year for all classes -

http://cms.scca.com/documents/2008%2...STER_FINAL.pdf

I solo my F440, so I can't answer you specifically on car counts. You should try asking on this site in the F500 section - http://www.eformulacarnews.com/forum.php

As far as an old chassis, I have a 1986 Red Devil. Sometime in the early '90s the GCR mandated a larger diameter roll cage, so an old car may not have that update if it hasn't been road raced in a long time. Also, some old cars (like mine) are short wheelbase - my feet are in front of the front wheels - fine for solo, but not road racing. For a rear suspension, you want a 4 link. I guess the answer is that if you can fab and weld, you can make almost anything work. To get a turn key road race car you would have to spend about $7000 minimum.

Liked: 5

Jim Libecco lives in Ohio and is a very competitve National F500 driver. I recommend that you crew from him and learn everything BEFORE you buy a car. Being able to fit in the car is but one aspect to know about. Jim (or others in your area) can help you.

Jim

Thread Information