Liked: 0

Default Formula Race Car Club of America 2009 Schedule

The FRCCA 2009 schedule is now available please take a look at it (attached to this thread) and consider the opportunities of the schedule. Great competition, lots of track time and open to all forms of open wheel race cars.
    For more information contact John Heckman 570-669-9589 or email at frcca@otd.net
    John
    JH

Liked: 17

Quote Originally Posted by John Heckman View Post
    The FRCCA 2009 schedule is now available please take a look at it (attached to this thread) and consider the opportunities of the schedule. Great competition, lots of track time and open to all forms of open wheel race cars.
    For more information contact John Heckman 570-669-9589 or email at frcca@otd.net
    John

John,

The BSFCS website has the free practice date as 3/13/09. Is that a change?
    Dave Cutchins
    Stohr F-1000

Hi Dave,
    Yes Summit Point just told me about the change today. I'll have to make the change to the schedule and repost.
    Thanks,
    John
    JH

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default FRCCA/BSFCS

For you guys bitching about lack of track time, this is your dream come true!

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Corrected schedule.
    Still looking at maybe 1 or 2 additional dates in New York and New Jersey.
    John
    JH

Is your website down, I get this crazy error message about my IP address?

Thanks
    Jeff O

http://www.frcca.com/

No problems here.
    SF86 Reynard FC
    FRCCA http://www.formularacecarclubofamerica.com
    Bill Scott Formula Car Series http://www.bsfcs.com
    BMod Autocrosser http://www.nationalroadrally.com/

We have had some problems with the site but being down is not one of them. Keep watching here for more news and information even after i get the site straightened out I will continue to post here.
    John
    JH

Liked: 30

Default Why...

I just wonder why there has never been any FRCCA 'regions' started up down 'south'. The concept of formula cars only seems great.

Do you think there would be enough interest because it could happen.
    John
    JH

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1906

John Heckman, The grape vine has it that your the new owner of FRCCA. Any truth to it ?

Thanks,
    Mike Agnifilo
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Default DaveK: lets talk

I have often wondered the same thing. We need to talk.

What I have found (casually looking) is track time on weekends is hard to find as most convenient venues are already booked solid. The guys I envision being able to participate have day jobs, so the weekends are the only time they can race.

The two other big areas where issues arise are how to get (and pay) workers that know something about formula cars and how to handle all the administration that is required.

maybe start with a group of 8-10 guys who rent the track together and have open practices in a couple of different groups. after organization tactics are figured out then try to figure out how to race. start small & basic then add complexity in a reasonable fashion.

liability insurance, ambulance/doctor, tow vehicle for recovery (we could use our own, I guess), etc etc etc.

I only observed Stewarding a couple of times, but there is a tremendous, almost overwhelming, amount of stuff going on just so we can focus on te driving part!

Of course, I'm not talking about trying to stage an ARRC-like event, but still.....

I am going to answer the last 2 questions on this one thread.

Mike,
    Yes after Sunday it will be up to me. I have many ideas and it has already been a very busy winter. I am also trying to make arrangements for several events to happen since it is the FRCCA's 30th anniversary. The address has changed and is now 150 Willow Lane Nesquehoning, PA. 18240 phone 570-669-9589 or cell 484-547-3537 email frcca@ptd.net. I still have a lot of work to do before our first race.

Dave,
    That is what we specialize in, we are a sanctioning body. We run most shows without the help of other organizations. You are absoultely correct there is a lot to this. We work with several insurance companies for various tracks, we have programs to train drivers as well as safety workers. Like I said the FRCCA has been around for 30 years now and the experience is worth more than anything. I want to get a season or so under my belt as the new president here and then we can look at expanding to the South within the next 2 years maybe.
    Getting on a tracks schedule is one very big thing too. Most tracks are booked so it is a very labor intensive thing sometimes. Before we did the move we would need a core group of members that would be interested that is where people like you come in. I really don't know the market or many racers below Virgina and West of Virgina, more than likely you have friends who have friends etc we need to see if there is a desire to build the group because it is a big investment for the business, and yes it is a business to do it right, maybe not one that you can live off of but it is a business.
    If the need or desire is there I believe I can make it happen but I need to know some of the racers can you guys help me out with that?
    Regards,
    John
    JH

Liked: 4

John:

Congratulations & good luck...
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Historically, the FRCCA did have a southern division and a western division but they didn't work out.
    F2000, Formula F, Formula Atlantic series photographer
    http://www.kniffinphoto.com
    teamkniffin@yahoo.com

Liked: 13

Default Southern FRCCA

David Sava was the coordinator for the SEAZ (South East Atlantic Zone) I believe he still has the 10 "station Boxes" & Porter-power. As John stated you cannot make a living off the income BUT you can keep it going as the track rental in the South is much more reasonable. The Talladaga G.P. road course is affordable, friendly and qualified to race in both Clockwise & Counterclockwise direction. This is a fact as the FRCCA did put on a school there. Formula cars Forever! Clyde
    yours for the Sport, AJ

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Congratulations, John!

I ran an FRCCA event last year, and it was fantastic! Tons of track time. No Miatas. Did I mention that you got tons of track time? Only other formula cars to deal with, and groupings to meet almost every alternative. I met John, and he'll do a good job with FRCCA. He's a true believer!

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1906

John, Thanks for the confirmation. The thought of Buddy not running RCCA anymore just made me feel old. I'll digest this for now and post later.

Thanks, Mike
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Hey Doug and Clyde,
    I knew it was tried but times have changed a bit do either of you think it would be worth investigating over the next couple years?
    John
    JH

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

MIKE....YOU ARE OLD!

Default long live!!!

WOW!!! I have raced with the RCCA (as it was known back then) since 1988!! I was scared to death of Buddy back then!! LOL Still am some times LOL Alot of love & respect to him!! My racing experience wouldnt have been as informative or as fun if it wasnt for Buddy & this club!
    John, Congrats!!! It has been great working with you so far & looking forward to a great long life for the club going forward. I hope Buddy's fingerprints will remain all over the club. He & I might not have always agreed, but I have always had the utmost respect for him.
    Stephen

Hard at Play Racing
    Crewing at it's Best!
    Hemmingway Said "the only true SPORTS are Bull Fighting, Mountain climbing & Auto Racing, Everything else is just a game."

John,

It depends on how close you want to stay to Buddy's philosophy's. I'm one of the few Buddy coolaid drinkers still floating around. I am only in racing because of him and his teaching has helped me all the way up to wherever I've been. BUT... I told him long ago that the day of the club ford as in "outboard" suspension was over. There are tons of DB1's, older FC cars, and old atlantics which need a place to race just like in the day's of old RCCA prominance. If you are ready to mend fences with those folks and pursue them as legitimate customers who are appreciated and wanted, then there is a ton of room for you to grow the club....including the Southeast.
    teamkniffin@yahoo.com

Liked: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Kniffin View Post
    John,
    ... I told him long ago that the day of the club ford as in "outboard" suspension was over. There are tons of DB1's, older FC cars, and old atlantics which need a place to race just like in the day's of old RCCA prominance. .
    Doug:

I don't think there is an "Outboard Suspension" requirement anymore. I believe the requirement is a European legal FF older then 5 years old (John can verify that age, I can;t get to a rule book right now). The Euro legal, I believe is what limits the Swift FF.

In fact, the most common car in FRCCA is the 84-88 VD, all inboard car (Rocker or Rocker Push Rod),
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

I wasn't really talking from a rules standpoint. In 1997 I could go and play with my swift but we weren't really welcome, even as the sportsman champion beyond accepting my entry fee and giving me a hard time about the car. I was speaking to that legacy which John has to overcome with the masses in order to draw in new customers.
    teamkniffin@yahoo.com

Doug,
    Thank you for the advice, AJ is very passionate about the club classes. As you said yourself many of us would not be where we are without him. Love him, hate him or somewhere in between he made it a possibility for us all. I have a favorite thing that a nun taught me about being a porcupine and living in the den and the fact that some how sometime you will get "stuck" even by a brother or father or mother. The same applies to racing.
    The club classes will always remain within the current philosophy of low cost racing. I hope to be able to attrack those drivers and cars you spoke of. I want the club to grow and be accepted as a major player within the formula car societey across the country. I realize that this is going to take much work and dedication, especially since I have a day job I need too. I do believe that it is possible to keep the origninal mission of the club yet grow to expand that mission.
    John
    JH

I don't see any reason why you can't reach all of your goals. You've got a great starting point and foundation. Give it your all! If there is some way to help, let me know.
    teamkniffin@yahoo.com

Thread Information