Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1906

Default 105E-6015 info ?

I just picked up a 105E-6015 bottom end (Complete engine minus the head) in a garage clean out. The bores measure 3.240" with a dial caliper. I have not pulled the pan, but the engine turns freely. My question is,....Anybody have an opinion on what it's worth?

Thanks, Mike

Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Liked: 947

Default Original DNA

Mike,

I have a copy of the English Ford Catalog from Dave Bean. The 105E is the earliest version of the Kent. It was one of the alternative Formula Junior engines from 1959 to '62. I'm pretty sure it has three main bearings. Stock bore and stroke is 3.187 x 1.905. (997cc) People such as Holbay and Duckworth (Cosworth Mk4) played with them. They would bore them out to 3.346"/85mm for 1100cc.

Someone with a Formula junior car (Lotus 18 or 20) of the era might be interested.

Regards,
    Dan Wise
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Contributing Member Jonathan Hirst's Avatar
    Liked: 4

The block would be useful for a F3 screamer as well.
    A little searching on the net and I saw them for sale for around $300 if they were available. Mostly UK vendors though.

Jonathan
    ---------------------------------
    Ferret Industries Archival site
    Ferret Industries on Facebook
    Basement Bookshelf FF/CF Scanned article Archive

Liked: 123

If you want to make it lighter, nothing inside the engine is usable so you can toss the crank, rods, pistons. The front and rear covers suit the rope-seal oil pan, so may be of limited use except for a true historic junkie. The oil pan is of course useful as a core for a dry-sump pan.

Brian

Thread Information