Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default FF 40th Participation Guidelines

Attached find a pdf document of the Participation Guidelines for the 40th Anniversary of Formula Ford.

We have worked very hard on this with the intent of accomodating all who wish to participate. Given the event is over 8 months away there should be sufficent time for all interested to make the needed arrangements.

The schedule has been previously posted and is available here on Apexspeed as well as Eformulacarnews.

Liked: 190

Default Mike

If I read the guidelines correctly, I could actually enter Bob Roemer's CF in (3) race groups (4, 6 & 9) as long as I meet all the criteria listed? I guess that would qualify for mucho track time, eh?
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Bill, you read correctly, just drive till you're sick of it !
    Keep putting gas in and go back out, why not ?

Liked: 229

Default CASC log books

Mike, only about 10% of Canadian FF's will have ASN log books and the rest will have CASC log books, ASN was mostly involved (ONT & QUE) with the old pro series and accepted all log books but issued ASN log books for new cars or replacement books during their running of the pro series. Just to avoid the confusion we should add CASC log books to the Canadian racer's requirements. Brian.

Thanks for clearing that up, it will be fine with either ASN or CASC.

Liked: 0

Default Were is the GREAT Frank Del Vecchio????

MR Rand,

Is there any truth to the rumor that Frank can no-longer FIT into
    a formula ford?

Is that why his name is not listed as either a VIP or Driver?

MY sources have re-vealed he is hard at work in a secret location in Trumbul, Ct
    tied to a Giant Stair Master with a large clock timed to release him a month prior
    to the 40th re-union. Can you confirm????

He, as many of us know, is"MR Formula Ford" and the funni...est man ever to drive one!
    At last count his record # of total different cars... driven in races... is now at 112.

As you may remember---he drove in the second FF race in the USA held in Lime Rock 1969---
    (factoid- finishing 2nd to Fred Stevenson in matching Lotus 61) the first race was in Williow Spring ???? yes????/

Frank is also known to have won 3 races in a ff in NH in the early 1980's a regional, national and pro FF. He also drove in early pro Atl races hitting a snake up into the air placing it alive into a fellow following him, and rapping around his upper torso.
    Around the same time period he crashed at the end of the very long straight at Summit Point landing upside down ---with mud caked on his face so thick is own brother didn't know him. It was reported corner workers ran from the car thinking it was a SWAMP-MONSTER!

So--- please MR. Rand--- make every effort to get FRANK to enter and attend this very important event. We will ALL need his great story telling ability, great announcing voice and racing knowledge, and wonderful personal comportment to make this event a "once-in-life-time....you had to be there experience".

Best regards
    mark

Liked: 95

Default Frank DelVeecchio

Is Frank the guy we saw at the FF25th with the tongue puppet? That had to be one of the most outrageous things I ever saw!
    Jack Bartelt
    Lola T540 CFF

That's our Frank.
    He combined tongue puppets with a Darth Vader helmet for a while just to add to the effect....

Default 123 Days and Counting!

In the first post in this thread, there is a .pdf file with all the FF40th participation details: SCCA membership, competition licenses, club ford and vintage chassis and tire rules, car numbers, etc. If you have not already, take a few minutes to download the file and make sure your ducks are in a row for the race group(s) you plan on entering.

As Mike Rand noted elsewhere, on-line registration is imminent...

Steve Beeler, de facto EWC commissioner + FF40th co-chairman
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)441-4460 x1141 sbeeler@pmcorp.com

Liked: 9

Default group 9/9B

Quick question on group 9....

Is the group 9 (vintage/ff70) race sanctioned as a SCCA regional?
    Will this race (group 9) count toward my license renewal requirements?

If it does... I assume it will only count for one race, even though there are two 8-lap races scheduled.

Default FF40th Group 9

Ian:

Group 9 is an SCCA sanctioned vintage race. You'll have to ask someone else about what that means re: regional / national license renewal requirements.

Lola T-540 HU44

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Ian:

Group 9 is an SCCA sanctioned vintage race. You'll have to ask someone else about what that means re: regional / national license renewal requirements.

Lola T-540 HU44
    So Steve, since it's a SCCA sanctioned race will a SCCA license be accepted & not require a HSR vintage license?
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

I'll answer for Steve, if you read the participation guidelines carefully you will see we address licensing requirements for each race in detail.
    In there you will find that SCCA MEMBERSHIP is required for all drivers but an HSR/SVRA/VMC LICENSE is fine for Groups 9 and 4 - both 4A and 4B, per the GCR.
    And yes, an SCCA license is good for all the 40th races, including 9A and 9B, an SCCA National license being required only for Group 6.

Default 31 Days and Counting!

In the first post in this thread, there is a .pdf file with all the FF40th participation details: SCCA membership, competition licenses, club ford and vintage chassis and tire rules, car numbers, etc. If you have not already, take a few minutes to download the file and make sure your ducks are in a row for the race group(s) you plan on entering.

Lola T-540 HU44

Contributing Member Rodney Jessen's Avatar

Default ICSCC

From what I read they are accepting our ICSCC licenses but not our log books. Am I correct?
    Also my understanding is we can buy a SCCA membership @ the track.
    Last edited by Rodney Jessen; 06.29.09 at 6:40 PM.

Liked: 13

Default $50.00 Gallon Gas

Mike Rand/Steve Beeler; If you want to get rid of drivers spending too much money on gasoline, just have someone from the EPA there to impound those racecars running with all the stink and eye watering gas. Some drivers need the advantage because, in my opinion, they do not have the skill or sportsmanship. After the first car is impounded I believe others will get the message. Have fun at the 40th.
    yours for the Sport, AJ

Thread Information