Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 17

Sounds like they paid for themselves with your first trip?
    Bob McCown
    Van Diemen RF81 #472 (2008-2013)
    Next ?
    2009 ARS CF
    "I barked twice." - Enzo (the dog)

Liked: 123

Welcome to the dark side! I've had airtabs on my 28' trailer for five years or so, and I had the same reaction you did. Same mileage improvement, same increase in stability. Amazing little things, look weird, work really well.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 21

Default other info

http://www.airtab.com/en/Product_App...aulers_25.html

This is a link to the Airtab testimonials on car and cargo trailers instead of big rigs.
    Around 6% MPG improvement seems to be typical. Minimum around 3%.

I've known about these for about 10 years, guess its time to do something!

If one doesn't want to invest $200 for Airtabs (R) and is handy with sheet metal with access to shear and a brake, one could whip out a batch fora car hauler trailer in 3 or 4 hours. Vortex generators don't have to be nicely moulded ones like the Airtabs.

In fact, the ones used to improve stall speed and fuel ecomomy on light aircraft are sometimes just bent sheet metal.

I reckon that beyond mass production cost reduction from using mouldings, Airtab had to make ones w/out any sharp edges for liability reasons. Might be a more prudent approach for you to use the rounded corner Airtabs if you are using vortex generators on your non-tow vehicle SUV where you have kids around.

Chuck

Liked: 17

On their site, they say that if you have corrugated siding on your trailer, there is a special way to attach them. Anyone know what it is? I was planning on calling them tomorrow, but if someone already knows...
    Bob McCown
    Van Diemen RF81 #472 (2008-2013)
    Next ?
    2009 ARS CF
    "I barked twice." - Enzo (the dog)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information