Liked: 25

Default Lola & McLaren Ads from 1969

In going through a box of photos and memorabilia that my mom wanted to get out of her house (someday I might grow up), I found part of the 12/27/1969 issue of Competition Press. I don't know why I saved it, and I expect that the part that is missing is what was most interesting to me. The part that is left has Trojan/McLaren and Lola ads that may be of interest to some of you. The Trojan Limited ad is for the McLaren M.10B Formula 5000 car, with a price of $11,640 F.O.B. London and a description of the equipment. The Lola ad, by Carl Haas, has pictures of the T-200, T-190, and T-163B, but without details or prices. Some of the classifieds are left, too. My picks would be the Porsche 906 with newly rebuilt engine and gearbox being offered by Monte Shelton for $8995, the "Lotus Elan factory race car" for $2495, and the ex-Adamowicz Lotus Cortina for $3250. There aren't any formula car classifieds. If anyone is interested in seeing the McLaren or Lola ads, I have scanned them and I can email them. They are too big to post. Attached is the T200 from the Lola ad.
    - Frank C

Liked: 159

I have competition press from the mid sixties until they stopped. It's amazing how cheap (even for the time) some of the cars were - especially the 2-seat can-am cars when the series died. The old Mckee I had (which was sold in crashed/burned form) has surfaced and sold for lots of $. Shoulda, woulda, coulda............

Jerry

Liked: 2

Default Mk 10 B

I bought a McLaren Mk 10B in 1987 for $17,000. which I thought was a very reasonable price. Turns out I was right. I sold it 2 years later for nearly triple. Had lots of scary fun while i had it too.

Wish I still had it.

Mike

ps:the Mclaren ad is missing. I'd love to have a copy.
    Last edited by Mike Allison; 12.10.08 at 5:30 PM. Reason: ps

Liked: 0

Default ads

Frank, if it had been a t-342, i would have jumped on it.

Mike

Thread Information