Liked: 0

Default Reynard Registry Update

Hey all,
    I finally have all the pics at my disposal posted at the reynard registry.
    If you have sent me pics and they are not posted let me know.
    If you have a reynard and havent taken the time to do so, please feel free to visit and submit your reynard for inclusion.

Again, any comments and suggestions are most welcome.
    Jeff
    Jeff Handley
    Reynard 84sF
    cainesgrandad@yahoo.com · www.reynardowners.com
    "Luck is when preparation meets opportunity."Roger Penske

Liked: 11

Default Looks good.

The site looks good, thanks for your efforts.

You have an e-mail w/pic. I noticed it's posted in the album, but not in the registry page.
    Last edited by Revs2-12k; 11.08.08 at 9:06 AM. Reason: added info
    Working hard to enhance my Carbon Fiber footprint....
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

Liked: 1

Jeff,
    Thanks for the site....
    I am new to my 83 Reynard FF. Does anyone have setup information for the car. I have Penskes. Running 350# front and 550# rear springs. Front is 1 1/4 high from the protector or 1 1/2 from frame. Rear is 2 1/4 and 2 1/2. I am 6'4" tall and 220 pounds.

I found the first time out that the car pushed and bottomed to easily in the front. Maybe bad shock adjustment or bad shock?

Also you can remove Kevin Berry from the list as I have his car.

Tod Powers

Liked: 210

Tod,

I'm no expert but it sure sounds like you might be running light on the springs (we run an '89 Reynard FC). Although we're dealing with the downforce, we run #800 fronts and #650 rears with less ride height then you're using. Also, the rake front to rear is way less then 1". I don't think the 'basic' setup for the 1983 FC version is much different.

If I were you, I'd do two things.

Move this question into the FF section of the Forum.

Call Keith Averill at Averill Racing Stuff. He can advise on setup. Just have a piece of paper and pencil ready. You'll get a lot of info way too fast for your brain to adsorb.

248-585-9139
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 1

Rick,
    Thanks. I will look into Keith Averill. I have chatted with him on another subject. A subject matter expert for sure.
    Let me be a little more clear on the car. Kevin's Reynard was professionally set up and has Stimola tuned Penske's. A lot of time and money was spent getting this Reynard correct and I purchased a well prepared car. Maybe it is just me getting used to the car or me just not adjusting the setup well for the 45 degree race conditions on my only event to date.
    Either way I am curious about others opinions on how they set up their 83/84 Reynards before i bring it in this off season for Mike Agnifilo at Stonebridge to corner balance and set up for my size and weight.

Quote Originally Posted by todcp View Post
    ....45 degree race conditions on my only event to date.
    MAN! That's painful. Our 1st run ever with the car was a locked on 32 degree day! Hard to judge anything handling wise from that kind of weather first time out. Still, unless you were on the GM proving ground bump road, you shouldn't be bottoming out.

We set our ride height so the skid plates (JaBroc) just 'ticks' the pavement at the worst places on the track. About a 3/16th's change from Pacific Raceway (bumpy) to Portland International (baby bottom smooth new pavement).

Sounds like you've got a couple of good sources for guidance.

Oh and the PUSH. Yes we encountered that extensively throughout the year. The driver, being brand new was a bit touchy about upseting a known quantity through his rookie year. In the last race of the year, we increased the front toe-out by 1/8th inch.. fixed the push right away. Take it slow, you don't want to turn a mild push into a snap spin. As the old saying goes, better to push the wheel barrow then having the damn rear end into the tire wall. Who said that? Me I think.

Are you running the same brand/size of tires the car was originally set up with?

Like I said above, we're sorta in the ball park of Keith's numbers with the #800 front springs for this FC. But then again, there are guys running #1050 or #1100 fronts on the Reynards. It's all in what works for you. Go figure.

Tod,

On my 84 sf, I have 800# front, 600# rear springs.
    About 1.25 front ride height, 1.75 rear ride height.
    The car is pretty stable on the straights, sticks on corner entry and trackout.
    Very drivable.
    May or may not be a good starting point for you, but it works comfortably for me.

Jeff
    Jeff Handley
    Reynard 84sF

Quote Originally Posted by JHandley View Post
    The car is pretty stable on the straights....,Jeff
    We had a really unstable car on the straights our first outing on a 32 degree day. Car was 'jumping/darting' sideways to the point where the driver thought it would be dangerous to race with other cars around.

Pretty sure we traced it to excessive toe-out during our first full chassis setup. We're running just about zero toe now with no stability problems or push exiting sweepers. Will probably try just a touch of toe out early next season (maybe 1/16th or 1/8th each side).

rick, 1/8 total on mine. 1/16 each side.
    Jeff Handley
    Reynard 84sF

Thread Information