Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Great Lakes Election - vote for John LaRue

John LaRue is running in our area and I highly encourage people to vote for him. He's a long time racer in Formula Ford making multiple runoffs and has now moved up to FC with his Zetec powered Citation. He is a strong advocate for racers and is the perfect guy to speak for us. Thanks for your consideration.

Liked: 3279

Another vote for John! I think he will be an exceptional advocate for drivers' points of view!
    Dave Weitzenhof

Liked: 99

Default Director Candidates

Historically speaking the majority of BOD members have been officials(Stewards,RE's etc.).Drivers are usually out numbered and sometimes are not able to bring that perspective forward.I believe the more drivers that are elected to the BOD the more our Competition programs will prosper.In my 5 years on the BOD drivers have been in the minority.As a result progress in my opinion has been limited.Go John!!

Liked: 601

Default Great Lakes

Our votes have been sent in support of John. We also like the fact that he is a current driver!
    keith
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 976

Thank you for the good words. I feel that this is likely to be an uphilll battle with the opponents being popular among the officials and solo groups.

I am not happy with the direction the club has taken in the past years and believe that I can make a difference along with others like Mike, Phil, Lisa and Bob. It is easy to just show up at the track, go racing and complain about how things are. We are racers and for the most part want to go racing and forget about the nuts and bolts of the event. Unfortunately this has led us to where we are now. As Mike has indicated the Club has been run by Officials who, if they have any driving/car ownership on their resume', it is so far in the past that they have lost touch with those of us actively participating. This is not to take a swipe at those who act as our officials, but there is a different perspective from behind the wheel or behind the "check book". Hopefully we can "adjust" the point of view of the Club to that of the participants.

I appreciate any and all support which you might give me in this effort. If you can, please drop an email or give a phone call to any of your friends urging them to vote. Your ballots are in the mail!!

Thanks,

John LaRue

Thread Information