Liked: 0

Default Anyone know/knew Grove Hoover?

I have found results from a 1975 Formula Ford National race at Sears Point that appears in the logbook for my Titan. I cannot read the signature for the entrant in the logbook, but the Titan Mk6s on the grid were Dan Marvin and Grove Hoover (as well as a Mk6B).

Between Dan Marvin and Grove Hoover, the signature in the book looks more like Grove Hoover. The story with the resuts describes Grove Hoover as "SF Region champ". Since the race was in April 75, he must have been the 1974 champ.

Does anyone here know or know of this person?

alan
    Last edited by tipo158; 10.08.08 at 10:52 AM.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 25

Default Gorve Hoover

He's in Cameron Park, CA. Between Placerville and Sacramento. I think he owns a foreign car shop European Motors(?). If that doesn't work, I'm sure the San Francisco region SCCA can get you contact info.
    Dan Marvin is in Berkeley, CA. with the Norman Race Group.

Would it be 'European Performance'? It is owned by Marc Hoover.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 25

Default Grove Hoover

I realized the error after I posted it. But is was Marc, not Grove Hoover of whom I was thinking. It is Eurpean Performance in Cameron Park and who knows, Mark could be related.........
    I too remember watching Grove Hoover back in the day. There was fellow by the name of Bill Pugh that used to run with him in a Merlyn. That was when if you went to a CanAm or TransAm, you would see the SCCA support races. Now there's an interesting concept........

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default Interesting concept.....

Formula Fords ran as a support race to CrashCar at Sears Point in 1990 so the SCCA workers would be covered by the Clubs insurance. CrashCar treated us like leppers but we were almost as fast as their BillBoard TaxiCabs so they made sure we didn't get invited back after we had thrilled the spectators to a really good,close race!

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 77

Default Grove

Call Fred Poli , Poli trucking in So. San Francisco. I think he spoke of him a few years back

Hybels
    Hybels

Default Grove Hoover

I think he ran in DSR using a converted FF chassis after his FF years. I will ask Bob Fox (the knower of everything DSR) next week at TH.

Dan Marvin drives a Wolf F1 in a vintage F1 series (like the one held at the recent Infineon IRL race). I know a guy involved in that series. I will contact him and see if he can get Dan Marvin's email or number for you. Dan may know what happened to Grove Hoover.

Liked: 13

Default Grove Hoover

I raced with him back in the late 1970's & early 1980's in FF. Back when they had the Pro FF series. He was one hell of a good driver.

When I was down at my boat a few years back (which we kept in Brisbane Marina off highway 101) I ran into him there on the same finger I kept my boat. He kept his boat there as well. We chatted some but I have not seen him since as I moved to Southern California.

I am sure he is around thr bay area or Sacramento area.

Has any one else seen him around lately?

m.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 77

Default Grove

I saw Fred Poli this weekend and asked him about Mr. Hoover. He has a place in San Bruno making Harley D. exaust pipes. Call Fred at Poli Trucking So San Francisco.
    Hybels

I looked in the white pages for CA for the name Grove Hoover. There is a Grove Hoover in Millbrae, CA , Phone: (650) 692-4979

Grove Hoover is also listed as the Vice President of Cycle Shack in South San Francisco, CA (650) 583-7014

Good luck!

Lizwizz the librarian

Thread Information