Thread: FST at ARRC

Liked: 3787

Default FST at ARRC

I admit I have a soft spot in my heart for this class. I played with the prototype back in 1975.

I keep following the news. I'm impressed by their early registration count for the ARRC. And today I'm impressed even more by the classified ad showing you can buy a new one for ~$10K.

If there's a class that deserves a "National Championship" at the ARRC, it's FST. Looking forward to the show.
    Last edited by Purple Frog; 09.07.09 at 10:00 PM.

Liked: 190

Frog,

I must say that race cars in the south always get interesting names.

It looks like our total entry will end up at 12 FST's for the event (8 at the moment). We were hopeful of more, but a number of our guys seemed to have crawled under a rock to hide from pending economic woes

I think the race grouping will really work great to give clean racing to the CFF and FST guys for the majority of the race. Everyone who is making the trip is very excited about this opportunity to race at the ARRC. Hope we can put on a good show for everyone.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 553

I hope to get a chance to check them out, too.

Make sure you get a good group shot at the ARRC for historic purposes.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Default Group Photo

Russ,

Thanks for the reminder/idea. We try to take a group photo at least once a year and the ARRC will be a great place for '08. The last one we took was at Watkins Glen in '06

We have sent in a request for an FST specific paddock location, so there is a good chance if you look/find one of us you'll find all of us.
    Bill Bonow

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    I admit I have a soft spot in my heart for this class. I played with the prototype back in 1975.
    Everytime I feel like I'm getting old I remind myself of your situation and then feel so much better.

Thanks, Mike.

Tom Sprecher
    ATL Region Treasurer

Just an update for those that are curious (or will be attending/spectating the ARRC). The entry list is currently at (10) FST's and it looks like (3) more will enter to give us a (13) car grid. It is possible that FST could be the largest open wheel class attending the ARRC. Here is a link to the entry list: http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/clubdriv ... entID=3646

Hope to see you at the ARRC.

Bill
    Bill Bonow

Liked: 553

That's impressive. Good job. I hope it's easy for us group 7 guys to watch the group 9 race. Judging by the quantity and quality of cars & drivers, it should be a fun race to watch.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

We are at 12 entrants with 1 left to sign up. This should be a pretty tight race as 6 of the 13 drivers are all previous Runoffs contenders in FV. Then again, 50% of our drivers are new to SCCA and could very well be Runoffs contenders if they had the opportunity .

There is a possibility of a 14th entry, but its a longshot if he can get out of previous commitments (you know, work).

Looking forward to a fun racing weekend!
    Bill Bonow

Thread Information