Liked: 0

Default Mid seventies atlantic static alignment

I'm putting together a 1974 Elden prh 16 and don't have any set up sheet. I was wondering if some one could give me a base set-up for a car of this era. The car has been apart since 1980, rod ends off the a arms, etc. so any help would be great Thanks

Liked: 47

Default F/A set up

A reasonable place to start is as follows and go from there. We use these on a March 80A and Ralt Rt1. On the rake and ride hts, we just "get there" and depends on lots of things but obviously you don't want it to bottom out so start a bit high.

Camber - .6 front, -.3 rear (bias ply Avons)
    Caster - 6 front, bump-steer rear
    Toe - 1mm out front , 1 mm in rear
    Rake - 3/4"??

Don

Liked: 8

Since you're around Chicago, you might want to try Yves @ Historic Race Car. His shop is in Crystal Lake... Or, he can come out to you like he did for us. We had him look over the car and do a quick and dirty alignment (along with a valve job lesson) on the T-440 FF.. Overall a real knowledgeable, nice guy. Also was a great resource at the track (by telling us, no, it is not a good idea to RTV the fuel cell filler neck 10 minutes before a race... :-) ).

http://www.historicracecar.com/

Regards,

Mike
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Liked: 0

Hi George,

I'm the son of Elden designer, Peter Hampsheir. I'm trying to collate the histories of all the Elden cars still in existence. Do you still have the Mk16?

Thanks,

Thread Information