Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Default Homologation question

Anyone know what is required to get a SCCA homologation & log book for a pre 86 Formula F or FC that does not have any previous paperwork or identification? Manufactures ID plate is missing from chassis. (All GCR required updates have been completed.)
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 0

I just got my car homologated. It was previously homologated but we had no paperwork at all and the roll bar stamp is hard to read. Kind of a mess.

I worked with Kevin Yaghoubi at the SCCA and he was fantastic. Kevin is a new employee working for John Bauer and he was great to work with. Kevin is smart and very eager and willing to help, and is a real asset to the SCCA - not just for his technical knowledge but also for his excellent customer-focused attitude.

I assume everyone is at the Runoffs, but I'd suggest emailing Kevin the info you have and then calling him to talk about what more you'll need.

Good luck to you.

Liked: 17

I'm in the middle (well, near the end) of this right now with my RF81. (See my thread in the Club Ford forum) I filled out the paperwork, made sure the car was up to the current GCR (as I thought it was, anyway). They only bounced me on the front attenuation structure, which I'm about 90% done building right now. One thing Kevin liked was that I sent a CD with dozens of high-resolution pictures of everything in the homologation checklist. I took 4 or 5 pictures from lots of angles, of each item, in the camera's highest setting. He really appreciated it.
    Bob McCown
    Van Diemen RF81 #472 (2008-2013)
    Next ?
    2009 ARS CF
    "I barked twice." - Enzo (the dog)

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

Scott,
    You didn't BUY something, did you?

There's a long thread on an 81 VD
    http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29432
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

I have gone thru the homologation process before, so I guess my main question is, will there be a problem since there is no manufacturers chassis identification whatsoever. No serial number, nothing.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Thread Information