Liked: 43

Default 2009 Daytona National Saved

Recently the "powers that be" in CFR rescinded their decision to eliminate the 2009 Daytona National.

The National race at Daytona in May 2009 will be back on the calendar.

It is interesting to note that the regional race at Daytona this past weekend only drew 202 cars.

Liked: 12

Thanks for the info Dave. We may start to see a reduction in entries as the overall state of our finances head south.

Liked: 597

keeping it a national might be smart......i'd suppose the national boys have a bigger budget

Liked: 307

Quote Originally Posted by EYERACE View Post
    keeping it a national might be smart......i'd suppose the national boys have a bigger budget
    Everyone's budget is being squeezed...Regional, National and everything else.

Liked: 79

202 entries? A far cry from the # that showed up in August. I would to have loved to be at Daytona this past weekend. As is the case with many others, finances prohibited it.

I looked at the 2009 Sediv schedule, looks like only one regional there. I was hoping for two!

Liked: 597

Default Bob knows this but I'm advertising for Cent Fla Region

SCCA drivers without a National License can drive the Enduro in May.......either one or both of the Saturday or Sunday double SARRC races in August....or the September Regional races at Daytona

The race entries of 202 would be down from the August numbers simply because the SARRC Invitational was the prior weekend at Roebling Road

Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

Default Daytona

Dave Smith and I really missed you guys this weekend. Weather was reasonable . Only two incidents in our group. Unfortunatly one of them involved Limey. Good news is everyone is okay. Bad news is some wallets suffered.

Liked: 79

Sorry Eye-I missed the August event when I looked at the schedule. Mighty glad there are two. I do wish one was in early 2009!

Thread Information