[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]95 KBS Mk 7 with 494, and 14x6 enclosed trailer. Finally facing the fact that I cannot drive this car as fast as I used to. It has to do with failing vision, slowing reflexes and chronic back pain – I am 68 after all - a young 68, but still.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Just installed new Quadrini 494 prior to Solo Nationals. Previous good engine was trashed on bad load of pump gas. My co-driver, Scott Nardin, was mid pack having never sat in the car. I was well down due to above mentioned physical limitations, but the car felt great, lifting a front wheel coming off the turns, and the engine was strong and pulled steady 8050 rpms on the straights.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Has a partial logbook and was most recently road-raced by Justin Gaver to claim victory in 2003 June Sprints. Mike Quadrini thinks he owned this car at some point with Mike Brent driving. Stored for a while, I got it in 2005, and have used it for autocross since 2006. Had been upgraded with 5-bolt wheels, and aero front suspension links (have originals). Changes I made for autocross: replaced all Heim joints, and suspension bolts with proper grip length AN stuff; narrowed front links for 7 inch wheels; replaced leaky fuel cell with 2 gal kart tank; and had side bars cut out for drivers flailing arms. Q confirmed that the chassis would not flex with these bars removed; they are easily welded back in for the track. Have cut out body pieces as well - and have original engine cowl cover. No cracks in the frame. Has 38mm carbs, Aaen pipe and muffler. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]My wife, Betsi, was always competitive at Nationals and won in 2006. I was running 3rd after the first day last year before an electrical problem sidelined me, so the car does work well.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Currently has new 18” 25B on 8” rears and 7" fronts – with only 14 autocrosss runs on non-abrasive HPT surface. Wide belt drive with 120/26 gears. Polaris engine clutch with trick belt clearance adjuster; Artic Cat secondary with new spring and helix; new belt; new Kickass filters; rear rockers repositioned for straighter flow of motion; new donuts in all cans; corner balanced; VW radiators, fans on both sides; electric starter just rebuilt; dash mounted bias adjuster; new black Mikuni pump; new battery; just refreshed Mycron Gold 3 on OMP suede steering wheel. Burgundy paint is decent, certainly not show quality. The only thing the “concours” types won’t like is the patched ignition wiring. It is all correct and done with those neat plastic screw fittings; all due to the quick change of all components between runs at Nationals last year. It works, no problems. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Single axle trailer was made by United Trailers ($3,100 new) about a year ago; custom built to be 72” tall, ground to level top – done by reducing height of top and lowering axle 2 inches. Towing with 72” tall Trailblazer, mileage is 15 at 75 mph. It also weighs less than a regular sized trailer; though they wrote 1260# on title, that is probably a generic weight. It’s in great condition; I rough calculated less than 9,000 miles. Dexter axle with easy-lube bearings. Has home built-in tire rack, 1000# winch and heavy duty battery, floor tie downs, ramp and side doors, super easy loading. Sure, you will bang your head the first few times inside, but you get used to it quickly, and it’s worth it. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Spares include:[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]four good tread, but older, 19” Hoosier rains on 6s [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]two 18” R25Bs on 7s; two R25As on 8s – approx 20 autocross runs
easy lift jack
new spare battery
clutch assembly tool, many weights, springs; new wide drive belt [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]spare front and rear hubs
some new hub and axle bearings[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Times New Roman]new master cylinder; new and used calipers
lots of new plugs; lots of carb jets; half dozen K&N filters; new fuel and oil lines
new ignitor; used stator; new solenoid; used CD box; used coil
several new Heim joints
5# fire bottle]
Aaen’s clutch and carb books

Whole package makes you instantly competitive on a national autocross level, and cheap to tow there. Or easily put it back into road race trim. $9,500 for everything. Delivery possible. Email me for more pictures.

Vern Lyle
vernlyle@bellsouth.net
931-728-1562
Manchester, TN [/FONT]