Liked: 41

For Sale 1960-something Autodynamics FV Roller for Sale

At least we think it's an Autodynamics...
    It sure looks like one, but we can not verify it's lineage or history.
    The car is located in Duate, CA, and will offer free SoCal delivery from San Diego up to Santa Barbara.
    $2000 firm.
    For photos and/or questions, contact:
    stokes28@earthlink.net
    cell: 626-253-3640
    Last edited by Michael Edick; 05.13.11 at 8:22 PM.
    www.mteengineering.com
    1969 Lotus 61 FF, chassis #226
    1978 Ralt RT1 FSV, chassis #144

Liked: 17

Interesting. Same paint job as on this page

http://kafercar.com/nuke/
    Bob McCown
    Van Diemen RF81 #472 (2008-2013)
    Next ?
    2009 ARS CF
    "I barked twice." - Enzo (the dog)

Liked: 113

Default Autodynamics

I have two Autodynamics FV's. You could try to look in a few spots for a serial number. If it is a very early car (64/65) you could try to look on the cross member that supports the steering shaft.

There is also a chance that the serial number could also be located on the lower rear roll bar support on the left side of the car.

Also, a quick way to identify Autodynamics is that they were built with square tubing. Very early cars also had the gas tank located inside of the frame rails next to the driver by the shifter!...

Chris
    Chris Robson
    Accelerated Performance Coaching
    http://APCDriving.com

Liked: 947

Could it possibly be an RCA (Race Car Associates), or a Vista? RCA was built in neighboring Azusa, CA. Vista was built in Vista, CA, near San Diego.

They were both quite similar to the Autodynamics. I'll bet Bob Cornish or Chuck Tatum would know.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 41

Thank you all!!!

It does have a square tube frame...I wish I had some better photos to show, but I'm posting this for a friend of mine, and the car is about 6 hours away from me...

He took lot's of detail pictures of the frame...he wasn't real thrilled with the quality of the workmanship, and that's what has led him to think that maybe it's not a real Autodynamics...I'm sure a lot of cars back then were built in garages by friends, and not in real "fab shops"...

some very interesting prospects...will look into it and let you know!!
    Last edited by Michael Edick; 05.13.11 at 8:22 PM.
    www.mteengineering.com
    1969 Lotus 61 FF, chassis #226
    1978 Ralt RT1 FSV, chassis #144

Liked: 113

Default Autodynamics

...Another thing about the Autodynamics was that they were Brazed, not welded. We actually have some of the original brazing rod and material for these cars and are using it to repair the frame.

It is hard to tell from the photo. I will try to post some photos of my car (for comparison) tonight.

Chris
    Chris Robson
    Accelerated Performance Coaching
    http://APCDriving.com

Thread Information