Liked: 48

Default please take a look at my gallery here :)

Please take a look at my gallery (s) here
    more to be added as more pics are taken
    comments welcome please

www.digitallphoto.com
    friend us on FaceBook search "velocity haus"
    like on facebook search "velocity haus Engineering"
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

Default thanks to all that "looked"

Thanks to all that took some time to take a look
    based on the feedback I got from out site stats .... some where near 1/3 of all those who "looked" spent less than 1 second at the site ...

question .... for those that did click the link and then whent no further ...is there a reason ??? kind of curious ...was it the flash into that maybe didnt work on your computer or the fact that it takes too long to load on some internet speed challenged conections ..

just like to know so we can improve ...

OR maybe not enough FF2000 cars ?? ......there aren't many I know

for those that did take some time to poke around a bit THANKS ... and I'd love to hear what you liked and didnt like ....Both

thanks in advance
    Greg
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

Liked: 1417

Great photography, Greg.

Personally, I have low patience for Flash sites and loading Flash updates, especially at the office, as they are almost always accompanied by noise/music. I also don't care for the fact that I can't use the photos in a screen saver or as a desktop without a bit of hoop-jumping. That's just me.

Other than that, I loved what I saw in there. Great stuff.

Liked: 42

Lose the sounds, lots of people look at stuff when at work and random sounds turn people away.

Lose the 'auto-scroll' of teh pictures. I know how fast I want to look at pictures. Noone else does.

Make it faster. People are impatient. The 'neat' stuff is nice but it seems to slow everything down.

Now on to the business side of photography.

Do you have a license from ALMS to sell photos? If not they will happily come after you with a team of lawyers. They arne't as protective as F1 and NASCAR but they like to protect their intellectual property. The same goes for Pro Mazda and so on. You can sell directly to the driver without any issues and to editorial outlets but outside of that it's a big no-no and a very easy way to never get credentials.

If you are trying to sell yourself as a photographer for the team you should do a few things.

1. Lose the shots that have parts of teh car cutoff because you missed the timing
    2. Lose any shots that aren't tack sharp
    3. Process the shots that are on the site so the colors aren't flat and the white balance is correct.
    4. Have private galleries for people/teams that want to see all the pictures you have from them for an event.

I unlocked a couple of my full image galleries here so you can see the difference between having all the stuff out for people to see and just putting your best foot forward. One set shows me as one level of photographer and the other shows me as more of a professional.

http://joecooley.exposuremanager.com/

Default thanks for the fed back so far

Doug thanks I know the flash is a problem for some .... doent really knwo HOW many ... so considering options on that vain ........

Joe ... thanks ... Im not to aware of all the business side of things .. reallyhavent "sold" much of anything ... so far .... I hear what you are saying about LESS is more ...

some times I have on PURPOUSE only got 1/2 th car ...but I hear ya on that too ... this is all good feed back .........

is there a way to get liscensed by ALMS etc??? interested in that if it wasnt too complicated or EXPENSIVE ...

thanks .... love to hear more .....

greg
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

Liked: 42

Quote Originally Posted by greg pizzo View Post
    Doug thanks I know the flash is a problem for some .... doent really knwo HOW many ... so considering options on that vain ........

Joe ... thanks ... Im not to aware of all the business side of things .. reallyhavent "sold" much of anything ... so far .... I hear what you are saying about LESS is more ...

some times I have on PURPOUSE only got 1/2 th car ...but I hear ya on that too ... this is all good feed back .........

is there a way to get liscensed by ALMS etc??? interested in that if it wasnt too complicated or EXPENSIVE ...

thanks .... love to hear more .....

greg

ALMS sells a license to resell their photos. It's something like 500-1000 bucks. I'm not sure what ALMS requires (if anything) to resell photos but I wouldn't be shocked if it's limited to people who they trust to control image quality. The people in the industry that I know who do this for a living don't make money selling their photos. All the money is in clients paying them for a weekend of work and some of the people make money doing the editorial/photojournalism side.

Overall I like the site. I may not have sounded like it in my first post. I was being critical and often when I do that I forget to point out the good parts.

One good resource that a number of pro guys post at is:

http://community.automotivephoto.net/forums/index.php

Lots of very good and very helpful people there.

Default critical is fine ... really !!

Joe

really critical is fine .... the kind words are good too
    BUT the critical is HOW YOU LEARN more !!! learning is always good unless you dont like any kind of pain ... then you should just watch ....

I would like to think you can always get better if you put in the effort ...one would hope atleast

joe thanks for the tips and the links to look at ..

I think you are correct you arent going to make much selling photos or prints .. I havent really moved any but to the drivers that are in the cars ..... not often at that ....

again......

thanks
    greg
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

Liked: 11

I liked the site and thought the photos were great. Not constructive, but maybe it will make you feel better.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Default always appreciated

Kind words are ALWAYS appreciated!! thanks!!!
    the END game is to have a site that people like and enjoy looking at !!
    if YOU do I'd say AWESOME .... were making progress !!!

The Reno Air races are this weekend....... Hummm... not CARS but 450 MPH at 30-50ft off the deck still is pretty cool to be near .......
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

Liked: 0

Default Page 2 of Gallery

Air race photos on Page two of the gallery are killer.
    Almost eye level looking into the canopy as they streak by. Great shots..

Default still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up

Yes that was awesome ... I was standing on an ICE CHEST to see over the top of the NEW cyclone fence ... that wasnt there even 3 years ago ...OH for the OLD days !!

but really they were 30 ft off the deck and near 500 MPH... now that is something you NEEED to feel in person !!! WAY COOL !!

glad you liked em ..... its THIS weekend and its KILLING me I cant find time to attend ........maybe still there is a chance !! I hope I can get there sunday atleast ...
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

Liked: 0

You have a lot of good photos. Keep working on the art form. Every driver has a nice picture already make it art. Easier said than done I KNOW!

My suggestion is that you could probably get away with keeping the ALMS photos up there and the ones you need a liscense to sell. The burden of proof will probably have to fall on them to prove you actually sold a photo. I am be way wrong just my thought.

Selling photos online IS NOT a money maker unless you have deals worked out with teams ahead of time to pick from your photos the ones they like. If you are looking to showcase your work use a flash enabled viewer that you can put together photos from a team and submit to them "their portfolio". YES USE FLASH! And also watermark each photo. This prevents people from downloading your images and printing them off or using for a screen saver. People that want quality they will do it legit. I had a promoter rip off an image and use it on their main site until I made them aware of their copyright infringements.

Default lots-o-new content

SOME of the stuf I shot at the ALMS race a LAguna seca is now up ...

check it out ..

comments ........??

www.digitallphoto.com
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

Liked: 238

As others pointed out, the noise that comes up when your website opens is very loud. I'd guess it's the main reason for people spending less than one second at your site. Great photos. But I opened the site at about 10:15 pm and my wife and son were already in bed and man that was loud. I hit the mute button about as fast as I could have clicked off the site but if I didn't know where the mute button was, leaving the site would have been my choice. But that ought to be an easy fix for you, no?

Jim
    Jim

I wish I understood everything I know.

Default will be fixed soon ...:)

Thanks for the input ... I get the message .. I will tell the web guy..... default for sound is OFF ...
    not the first time I ve been told that ..

thanks
    Greg
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

Default now withOUT sound :)

please check out the new silent.... www.Digitallphoto.com