Liked: 1

Default 1600 Kent Forged Piston suppliers ?

Hello-

I have just begun the search for suppliers of forged pistons for FF 1600 engines.
    I would like some recommendations of brands of pistons to go with and some
    leads to whom I should possibly buy them from. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I already know that Pegasus has them.....

Liked: 36

CP pistons #81-2 FF1600 or #81-2 FF1600+5

Jay Ivey is source
    Crossle 32F, Piper DF5 Honda

thanks !

anyone ever had aries, ross, or JE make pistons for them ?

Liked: 77

If you expect to run this engine in SCCA FF, you must use one of the approved pistons listed in the FF specs - GCR 9.1.1.D.1.e.

Dave

vintage...non-scca

thanks though

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Same Rules Generally

Generally Vintage requires the same rules as SCCA from what I've heard. If they do not you may try BAT (British American Transfer) in Florida as they have alternative pistons for the Kent.

Liked: 492

Jay Ivey spent the time and money to have the forged pistons made, and certified for FF use. His pistons are the only legal ones, I am pretty sure. They are now laser engraved with his logo. Spend the money with the people who keep the class going.
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Liked: 123

If you want to cheat in Vintage, which rumor has it some people do, then buy the pistons from whoever you want to. But don't ask for help. If you want to run legal in vintage, you have to run a legal piston. To the letter of most vintage rules, that means a cast piston, but the SCCA legal forged CP pistons are not frowned upon in general.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    If you want to cheat in Vintage, which rumor has it some people do, then buy the pistons from whoever you want to. But don't ask for help. If you want to run legal in vintage, you have to run a legal piston. To the letter of most vintage rules, that means a cast piston, but the SCCA legal forged CP pistons are not frowned upon in general.

Brian
    chill out......

You're response is a little too harsh, especially since you are assuming too much without knowing my position at all.... I didn't know there were regulations that stated what I could and couldn't use. I'm glad that a few people responded with regulation information. Now I know where to properly look and what rules to follow.

just looking for forge pistons to increase reliability not performance... I never
    stated that I wanted some super light, thermally coated, anti-friction, 13:1 compression,
    full out race piston....just looking for a legal replacement

cheers

Liked: 0

new member here posting on an old thread, but yeah, whats good with pistons now? U guys are assuming hes racing in ff, what about for guys like me that are building street cars for track days and such?

for instance, im putting together a motor for a mk1 fiesta with a spax suspension and big disk brakes, actually the block is potentially gonna be prepped by ivey and hes selling me a crank. Its not really a ff motor, so I was wondering about like, euro aftermarket stuff thats cheap.

$350 shipped for what burtons ebay store is touting as powermax pn 18508y/kr/e 10.5:1 forged pistons, but i cant find them mentioned in the catalog or googling the part number. maybe its a burton number?

Or 12:1 accralite forged pistons for $230 on the burton site itself.

My point is, that even if they arent legal, are there lower cost quality pistons than the laser engraved official race compression ones for people who autox or just run for fun in something other than a ff1600 car? Are these and others quality parts? Seems like just about any forged piece is better than cast pieces ivey himself described as having "declined in quality in recent years"
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

Thread Information