Liked: 0

Default Cathouse National at Road America

According to my provisional results sheet, Tim Kautz set the Road America FF fast-lap race record this morning in winning the Cat(house) National.

I sure didn't witness this accomplishment as I was preoccupied battling John Vlasis for the all-important 9th spot. We had a blast back there, truth be told, skinny rears battling fat rears.

Kautz: 2.22.056/101.368. Wow!

So I am curious about what happened up front . . .

Liked: 9

AW,

First off, John V's rear isn't THAT skinny. As for what happened up front, Coello got the drop on Kautz and they were within a couple of car lengths of each other for a few laps. Coming out of 6, Coello started a lazy spin (I have pictures) and Kautz sped past. It seemed like Coello had trouble getting the car fired again so he lost a few positions. The real battle in FF was for 2nd. Rudisuelli (sp?), Rubenzer and Johnson looked to be having a blast with the first two swapping positions frequently. I didn't grab a results sheet but I think they finished how I have them listed. The other battle was for first in FV. The Flag Chief said that the margin of victory there was two hundredths.
    Currently Without Car

Brad,

Any photos of a green car parked just off turn six in qualifying?

The official results list Kautz, Ruediselli, Rubenzer, Johnson, Coello as the top five.

I am pretty sure that Kautz got the track record. He was under 2:22 in qualifying.

Ya know...I think I just might have one or two of those. Also a few of other guys going through that corner with you as the backdrop. Once I get them all sorted, I'll burn ya a cd. When will you be back up this way?
    Currently Without Car

Thank you! I can't wait to see the shots. If you throw in a few of the leaders, I will know what to aim for!

What a great race weekend--weather, RA, the whole works, the folks. John and I had more fun than is legal going for that coveted 9 spot. I can't remember how many times we passed each other . . . the video will show.

I plan to run Grattan and Gingerman nationals, then the EWC Kettle Moraine at RA. What are you running in the next month or so?

Liked: 8

Default CAT National at RA

Post Deleted
    Last edited by pwd911s; 07.28.08 at 2:40 PM.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 210

Default Lighten Up, Francis

"Brads implication that Anthony gave the race away..."

Paul, can you send me a link to Brad's quote, because I can't seem to find it.

Anyone have the scorecard on who was running skinny rear tires?

Nope...certainly wasn't taking anything away from Tim's win. Just saying Tony spun and Tim passed him. I wasn't even speculating on what caused it, Tim's pressure or otherwise. Tim, quite obviously, drove the race he needed to to win and turned some very impressive lap times in the process.

Jon,

Skinny tire guys from memory...

Valine
    Coello
    Kautz
    Blanc
    Luxon
    Vlasis

I can check pictures tonight an update...
    Last edited by Brad Ellingson; 07.28.08 at 6:56 PM.
    Currently Without Car

Thread Information