Contributing Member
    Liked: 210

Default Anyone Using the F4 MV Agusta Motor?

I may be able to get you a discount on lightly used dyno development motors.....

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2008/...ap5204944.html

Liked: 553

Sounds good, Jon. Keep us posted.

I wonder how many engines they'll get for that $109M. It's probably too early to tell if I could get an Agusta motor from you for about the same price as my Kawasaki ebay motors ...
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Contributing Member

Default $24,995

From Wikipedia:

"In recent publications, the MV Agusta has been highly praised as one of the best handling motorcycles ever created, and the 2008 F4 312R model is known to be the world's fastest production motorcycle. Claimed power of the new F4 312R model is 183HP, although dyno tests suggest it is more in the range of 172-175 in stock performance mode, a condition generally resolved by simple after market adjustments."

From the MV-A website: "The F4 R 312 is fitted with an extractable gearbox that allows gear ratios to be quickly and easily changed... The F4 R 312 is in effect a racing bike adopted for road use thanks not only to technical modifications that make it meet Euro standards but also make it easy to manage."

Yours for only $24,995 (excluding tax and title).

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default MV-Hog?

I wonder if they will be able to make them vibrate like a Harley?

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 271

Default MV

When I was at Gloria two years ago there were 3 MV engines sitting on the bench. They were discussing their installation in the FB type class that is run in Italy - Formula Azzura. it was a spec Gloria Chassis with a Yamaha Fazer 1000. To get a constant suppy of the same engines over a few years was difficult without spec changes so MV and Gloria talked about using the motor since it would help MV s numbers. It was a beautiful piece with a 'cassette type gearbox" but the deal never happened
    phil

I'm sorry, I can't help but sit here a laugh.

A $25,000 engine in a $50,000 (purpose built) FB.

Those numbers sound like another class we already have. What happened to the "inexpensive part" of the FB concept?
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Contributing Member

Default Posted in Wrong Section

Quote Originally Posted by D.T. Benner View Post
    I wonder if they will be able to make them vibrate like a Harley?
    Hmmm, I betcha if I pull a little spark out at idle, and fatten up the air:fuel ratio, I could make the exhaust note sound like "spaghetti, spaghetti, spaghetti."

Rick, I inadvertantly posted this under Classifieds, when I meant to post it under FB -General Discussion. All for fun.

On a related note, the Harley-Davidson museum held their grand opening this weekend. The engineering staff got a sneak preview two weeks ago, where I spotted a few VR-1000 motors gathering dust in the archive storage room. Hmmm.....

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 271

Default HD

Now you know they put a 1000 evo HD in a Gloria as a promotional vehicle - one of the cars at PRI a couple of years ago. The MV engine was out of a 'streetfighter' version of the MV that that was way cheaper than the ones they sent here (it was called the Brutale and the bike sold for about $13-14000 in the USA). The price was to be close to what they had been paying Yamaha for the Fazers engines and MV would add a couple of hundred engines to their run.
    phil

Thread Information