Liked: 42

Default SCCA Medical Form

Thought I'd ask here...

My doctor was confused as to what he's supposed to fill in in the peripheral vision section of the medical forum. I wanted to verify what it means before I go back and have him do the rest of the form, or have to make ANOTHER appointment with my eye doctor.

I understand it should be more than 140 for both, and greater than 70 for each eye, but what about test?

Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

Default eyes

Send Eyerace a pm. He can clear it up for you. No pun intended. I usually have my eye Doctor do my vision section. There is a specific name for the test but I can't remember it. If you have had a recent eye exam they should be willing to fill it out for you. And I hope you do...remember there is more to eyes than vision.
    A lowly paramedic of 36 years

Liked: 96

Default Eye Exams

Check out this thread from a little while ago: http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/show...light=eye+exam

But I am sure that "Eyerace" will reply to your PM. He seems pretty friendly from his posts.
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Default Eyes

Like Jim, I also have my eye doctor complete this section for me.

I usually schedule my annual eye and physical exams on the same day so I can take care of both of these items "at once" and get it over with. I believe a standard thorough eye exam includes tests for vision acuity, eye movement, peripheral vision, a look "inside" through your pupil that looks at retina vessals and optic nerve head, a cool looking "colored dot book" to check for color blindness and a few other things.

Eyerace will probably chime in here too..
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

Default Physical

I know this doesn't help your current dilemma but as a pilot I have always taken my SCCA physical along when I did my FAA Physical. The SCCA physical is very similar to the FAA physical, so although it seems to irritate the examiner when I ask him to fill out my SCCA form along with my FAA form, they always do it.

Perhaps finding a local FAA examiner will make getting through your SCCA physical a little smoother next time. You can go onto the FAA site and find a local FAA Medical Examiner (usually a doctor who is also a pilot). A bonus is they are usually pretty reasonable. My last SCCA physical cost me $65 and that is here in SF CA.

Good luck.

Liked: 605

Default R 90* T, L 90* T, total 180, Perimeter

the PM cavalry has riden

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 904

Default SCCA Medical

Another option is one of those doc-in-a-box urgent care places. They tend to have all the equipment needed for the SCCA form (vision checking + EKG), where one's GP tends not to.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

VA Hospital has always done them for me at no cost. Eye exam is viewed as being vague at best.
    Jim

Thread Information