Liked: 11

Default Shout-outs for GREAT service.

The norm seems to have become service that is only average, or below lately. When someone goes above and beyond- or even is friendly- it really stands out... it's just that rare.

Not so in our sport. Our vendors seem to bend over backwards to be sure we are happy and I've just got to give a shout-out.

George Dean Racing Engines. Yes, you can save some $$ and buy an engine on Ebay and it might work out. However, you don't just get an engine when you buy from GD... I can't tell you how many times I've called with questions from wiring to oiling and George is always available and kind. Awesome support.

Veracity Racing Data. Wow. Ellen & David are great. They spent 45 min on the phone with me configuring a system that I did not even get from them. I will only buy data stuff from these two.

Taylor Race Engineering. These guys have been supporting the formula car community for years and offer fantastic products and support.

Others I've had great service/ support from include Butler Racing Engines, Comprent, 10/ Tenths, Joe Stimola, Averill, Gyronamics,... and I'm sure I'll think of a few more.

Thanks for the service fellas.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 597

Default Decades of various Pro Series / Club Racing too

Three cheers [cheer cheer cheer] for PIT LANE SERVICES and Alan Oppel in Florida.
    www.PitLaneServices.com

Liked: 0

I have to agree with Sean concering Veracity. I just purchased some hardware from her and Ellen was awesome to talk to and a real pleasure to work with. She spent considerable time with me just talking about FB and how things are progressing. I am sold and will continue to do business with Veracity. Many thanks, and keep up the incredible work.
    Ian MacLeod
    "Happy Hour: 5:00 - 5:30"
    Tatuus F1k

Liked: 1

Hey no one has to even say anything about Taylor, they just call you sometimes to see if things are going alright! I diden't race last season and got 2 calls from them to see if things were OK. Sure thats good salesmanship .....but thats how you should do buss.!
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Liked: 59

There so many good people working for us drivers. My thanks go to SCNA - the Vogeley's and Alan Oppel PLS! Thanks for keeping me on track.

Liked: 59

And of course George Dean, Stimola, Good Year, and Taylor E!

Liked: 1417

Good idea for a Sticky thread in the Feedback forum.

And remember, support those advertisers who support ApexSpeed!

Liked: 597

3 cheers for Pit Products

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 109

Default Great Service!

I agree with those mentioned above and support many of them - and many have helped me more than I can say thanks for...Both above and below...

Not specific to formula cars but to all race cars. Great Service from these folks too!!!(not yet mentioned): Jim Kelley, Mark Mercer, Vintage Trailers, Holiday Canopies, Quick Signs (West Allis, Wi), and Lindstrand Motorsports (who has offered a great deal of advise and help over the years)

A special thanks to some employers that have allowed me to do this over the year: Italian Meat Market (Milw, Wi), British Auto Service (Milw, Wi), Ingersoll Rand, Central Engineers and Architects, Harley Davidson, CompuCom Systems, Wauwatosa Savings Bank, National Exchange Bank & Trust.

And of course my Family: Art (Dad), Kathy (Mom), and my awesome wife (Robin).

Corky!
    Last edited by cjahn; 03.23.09 at 4:14 PM. Reason: added...Special thanks for people who gave me a chance.

Liked: 42

Another shout out for Lindstrand Motorsports. They helped me navigate through my first couple of years racing and working on open wheel cars. Without their help I probably would have had at least one mechanical DNF by now. But with their help, zero.

Also Brad Ellingson and his help on web work. He's in the process of helping me rebuild my website and without him it would look at lot like the stuff found on the interweb when 1200 baud was FAST.

Liked: 553

It's probably already common knowledge that the following give great service, but no harm in restating. These folks have gone out of their way to help me with my race car projects. I hope I don't leave anyone out.

HRP (Mike Devins)
    Taylor Race Engineering
    Veracity Racing Data
    George Dean
    Ten Tenths (Craig & Bill Vogely)
    Primus
    Comprent
    Phoenix Race Cars
    Pegasus
    Citation (Richard Pare)
    Kropp Engineering
    Gyrodynamics

Local to Atlanta:
    C&J Welding & Fabrication
    MSP Cycles
    European Auto (Body shop in Roswell)
    Hedman Headers
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 4

Default Two GREAT Service/Parts Providers

Between Kris Kaiser www.khillmotorsports.com and Keith @ Averill www.racing-stuff.com I never needed to call anyone else.
    Last edited by FWSchroeder; 01.18.09 at 4:10 PM.
    F.W. Schroeder, 6th

Liked: 942

I have always been very happy with:

Pegasus
    Larry @ Formulacars. com
    ICP Citation - Steve & Richard
    Marc Bushman
    Neil Porter was a tremendous help to me, both as a coach at driver school, and for parts and advice.

All willing to help the new guy with patience and explanations.
    Last edited by DanW; 02.01.09 at 4:41 PM.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Great Service and Products

I just got a DB6 nose for Rick at Aerocraft Fiberglass and it looks great! Reinforced in the right areas great ready-to-paint gelcoat finish - really first class.

I also need to say I can always count on Jim and Jennie at Continental Motorsports/Crossle - they are always bailing me out with whatever part I need and if they don't have it they track it down for me. Really a first class operation.

Liked: 56

EVERYONE at Taylor Race Engineering

Rollin at Butler Race Engines

Kevin at Comprent

Neil at Porter Racing

All have been especially helpful in getting my car going again after a two year ground up rebuild.
    Kevin
    Crossle 35F
    Van Diemen RF02

Liked: 77

Liberty Motorsports
    Andy and Brian

Parts, service, support....HONESTY and integrity.

Lots of prep shops and parts stores, we all have our favorites. Give them a shot, they will soon be one of yours.
    Last edited by Jtovo; 02.01.09 at 9:05 PM.

Default ... & attention to detail

joe,
    don't forget about liberty's attention to detail. andy's ability to turn my "alley cat" into a tiga as beautiful as those in seigfreid & roys old vegas show.

Default ELLEN @ Veracity Racing Data

ELLEN @ Veracity Racing Data

I want to give a shout out for great service, again, from Ellen @ Veracity Racing.

She walking me thru the install and calibration of an AIM Throttle sensor that I purchased from her well over a year ago. After spending a couple hrs trying to match up the written instructions to what appeared on screen I gave up (The documentation is several generations behind the software).

From the garage, with laptop in hand, Ellen on the phone, in 10 min, I had it configured and calibrated.

I'd not hesitate reccommending them at all. Dave & Ellen have always been helpful
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Default And

Ivey Racing Engines - Jay Ivey and crew (Helped me out with some questions; new car came with an Ivey and he offered a some great help and suggestions this year -- even while he was at the track and I was wrenching at home in the garage!)

Excel Racing Engines (Mark Mercer) - Built/Rebuilt Motors for the Tiga S2 - used his motors in the past....He build me a solid, strong, reliable motors that are still going strong.

And I have to mention Ellen again from Veracity - More help with some AIM issues.

Thanks folks! People like you help us play...and have fun

Corky!

You guys got most of them nailed:

Pegasus, Chris and now John too, knowing what's going on, parts-wise.

Lindstrand, Bruce and Cindy with their great crew always helping out

Liberty, My "official" helper with "little Andy" who I've known for the 20 years he's been doing this. He was smaller back then.

Porter, Neil has helped me out a few times on Crossle' issues and is always fun to talk to, maybe I'll finally meet him at the 40th birthday.

Schulz Auto Machine, Bruce gave Andy his start (literally) and has done great machine work for me. His motor machine work and motor building is the best. Also, Marc provided plenty of inspiration for me in his career on how to do it (or not)!

Murray Motorsports, good old Alan can weld and wrench like a demon and drive like that too. Nothing like a race wilth the Minnesota Madman! (Sorry Alan, I had to say it).

Last but not least, Continental Motorsports. Jim Morsch has got me the needed stuff for the 20 years I've been wearing out my Crossle' 35. His advice always is, "hey you've been driving this thing for how long? Don't you expect stuff to wear out?" How true.

Pete Wood #42 Crossle 35F

See ya at the 40th!

Default Business/Personal Websites

Just got finished working with www.eaglewebtech.com in building website [$50.00] per page, Yes $50.00 per page.
    Also hosts and places.
    Nice Young Guy Just Getting Started.
    Quick, Inexpensive.
    No Association Except Customer.
    F.W. Schroeder, 6th

Default Pace Trailers

I think I've mentioned here before about the great service I've enjoyed from Peter Calhoun, Alan Gamble and others at Pace, but recently I enjoyed more great service and wanted to give them a bump.

At last year's ARRC at Road Atlanta, they had a traveling crew performing free repairs and updates. I talked with them about a problem with a cracking plastic header at the junction between the roof and the front of the trailer. They did a temporary repair to stop the rain leaks, and this week I received a crate with all new parts (aluminum and metal) so I can do a proper repair. It seemed like much more than they needed to do for a 9 year old trailer that only cost around $7,000 when new.

When it's time for a new trailer for me, it will be a Pace.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Default Added... Doug at Fast Forward...

I searched in the past and didnt see one....

To my list of continued supporters and folks who give great service; I would like to add Fast Forward Racing. I sent Doug a pile of crap, and he sent back some amazing stuff. The workmanship and quality is equal or better than my standards. (And I think I am pretty particular about my cars)

He worked with my schedule, went above and beyond, and completed when promised with pricing as fair as possible based upon circumstances.

http://www.fastforwardracingcomponents.com/

BRAVO!~

Cj

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies

Just like HANS a few days ago, I open the mailbox today and a $75 gift certificate (4th @ R/O's) has arrived.

In the past I had to navigate some crazy hoops and still did not end up with promised contingency money.

Hats off to these two great companies that have eliminated anything that might stand in the way of posted contingency and just went ahead and mailed the certificates out...

What a concept!

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Gumout / Black Magic

Wow, the suprises just keep rolling in!
    In today's mail I find a check from SCCA for $400.
    This was from winning the Black Magic / Gumout Best Appearing car category (Formula Cars) from the Runoffs.

Exceptional, and winnings in the hands of the racer quite quickly.

Thanks!

Liked: 162

Default D. Faulkner Springs, UK

Amazing products and service from these people. I entered my order on their website late Tuesday the 24th, and the order acknowledgement was Wednesday at 5:45 AM GMT. The springs arrived here in Colorado by 10:00 AM Friday. They are beautifully finished, were carefully packaged and competitively priced. Check out their products selection at http://www.dfaulknersprings.com/ .

28. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 246

Just ran across this thread and have to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th... Ivey engines. Jay and the family are just good people. I am always amazed how much time and effort they put in at the shop and track keeping Kent engines alive and well. Jays contributions towards getting new parts developed to keep the Kent viable can never be payed back. It is also crazy the time Jay and Colin spent at the track helping competitors with any issues, and even working on engines that they haven't built to keep guys running. Don't think I can ever repay them for the help and friendship they have provided over the years. Like a said at the beginning, "Just good people", the whole family. Todd

30. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 73

Default More Great Service

I have had nothing but fantastic service from:

Sandy and Erik at Quicksilver Racengines

Keith at Averill Racing Products

Thank you,

Aaron

Default Greg Moon (MoonsSuperCycle.com)

Greg Moon was very gracious with his time and knowledge at the ARRC last weekend as I worked on various issues with my new conversion car (with Hayabusa). He spent a significant amount of time helping me troubleshoot, and shared a few great bits of information.

I'd also like to mention George Dean was a big help in the weeks leading up to the car's debut, too.

Greatly appreciated by a budget racer.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Quote Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
    Greg Moon was very gracious with his time and knowledge at the ARRC last weekend as I worked on various issues with my new conversion car (with Hayabusa). He spent a significant amount of time helping me troubleshoot, and shared a few great bits of information.

I'd also like to mention George Dean was a big help in the weeks leading up to the car's debut, too.

Greatly appreciated by a budget racer.
    Greg Moon is very helpful and a good guy. The problem is ...... if you are trouble-shooting with either one of them, it means your car with a MC engine in it, is in some nasty mode where it won't run properly because your kickstand is misplaced or other similar issue.
    Probably best to never get to know them
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 17

Default Harmon Racing Cells

Jim Harmon did a great job creating a custom fuel cell and enclosure for my RF-84. Good service, good price, work-of-art level craftsmanship with FIA certification. Highly recommend him.

35. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 56

Default Speed Seat Factory - Wisconsin

I can't say enough good things about Gayle and Jody and their Speed Seat Factory.

I have a 1998 Swift Atlantic and a 1968 Chevron Formula B that both needed seats. After having a local shop "expert" pour one of the cars that didn't fit, support me, or look any near worth the expense I paid, I contacted Gayle.

Jody flew into Austin and spent a full day setting up and pouring both cars. You ship the unfinished moulded seat to Wisconsin for final finishing...and then you receive back a perfect seat in form, function and appearance. The seats I received for both cars are absolute perfection for fit, comfort and support....and they happen to look spectacular! The degree of sensitivity and sense of security in both cars is transformational. Attached are pics of the seat in my Chevon.

Speed Seats is very, VERY highly recommended.

Glenn Bilawsky
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1785.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	98745   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1786.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	98744  

37. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information