Liked: 0

Default My First Taste / Sebring Short

It's been a little while as I am entertaining out of town relatives for the past couple of weeks. (one of the burdens of residing in Florida) But, after the typical cursing and sweating through the installation of the seat and electronics, things started looking up. First off, I've got to mention that the car came out of the Stohr Cars trailer in impeccable shape. I mean very nicely assembled, good paint and WAXED. Bill and Craig are real knowledgeable and have had some good experience with their car and the WF1s which helps you quickly through the growing pains of a new car.The car had a great set up on it. It was fast out of the box. I did have some issues with beating up the bottom of the car, but I am probably heavier than most of the drivers at 215 pounds, naked, in the morning, after my morning leak. Anyway as the weekend went on I got closer and closer to Bill Wald who was real sporty all weekend. Congratulations Bill, I know thats got to feel good. In all fairness, I did find some things that I think should be changed on the car but that just might be me. Anyone interested in my opinions should get a hold of me, I will be happy to discuss them with you. The car is a real blast to drive. Paddle shifters work well. Brakes are unbalieveable. The GSXR motor scoots you along effortlessly. I think the key to engine survival is being smooth, smooth and smooth. The car looks really cool on the track and God knows racers like to look cool. I sold an FE to get into this car. I'm happy with my decision. My 13 year old crewchief son and I had a great weekend with the car. Joe Fitos

Liked: 11

Glad you had fun with it. Welcome!
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Liked: 59

It was great having you and Joey race with us and I'm really glad your enjoying the new car. It is beautiful and you did very well your first weekend out. I'd say its broken in now.. and I know you'll knock a second or so off next time out. If you think the short course was fun, wait till you try the long course in August.

See you there.

BW

Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

Default weight

I'm not sure I needed that much accuracy in the weight dept. It's going to be difficult to erase that mental picture Bill and Craig are great guys to work with. Enjoy your new car. Watch out for that Wald guy he is pretty sneaky !!

Liked: 5

Joe,
    Congratulations to you and Joey for all the successes on your first outing with the car! The car looks awesome on track (keep it waxed You did a great job driving and Joey made sure you stayed running. He's a budding Ron Dennis! Great job and see you soon!
    Craig Vogeley

Liked: 59

Joe;

mailed you guys a dvd from the race. shot on our GoPro cam.

and james, i resemble that remark. but you missed a fun dry weekend. hope to see you in august.

BW

Thread Information