Liked: 79

Default Member needs help accessing the site

I got an email yesterday from a member in Florida that cannot access the site:

I have been unable to access Apex Speed for two days. My computer says I need to re configure it or something like that. I even tried getting in as a link from other sites...same thing

Any hints I can pass along to him? I do not know what browser he is using yet. He tried the reboot-same thing happened

Liked: 210

Hmmm, 4,000 years BC I had a problem like that.

Is he 'blocking' all Cookies? Setting can get switched sometimes accidentally.

Put Apexspeed in the list of "TRUSTED SITES" in his browser. I had to do that for some problem a long time ago.

I'm sure Keith or Doug will see this soon.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 1417

Yeah, unfortunately, it's not something we can handle or control from here. That's something definitely on the user's end, and most likely his browser configuration blocking the site. It's also possible that he's trying to access the site through a work computer where his company is now blocking sites they deem inappropriate for work-time usage.

The recommendations are to 1) clear all browser temporary files, like cache, history and ALL cookies, 2) make sure that he is accessing the site through http://www.apexspeed.com and not just http://apexspeed.com -- sometimes that will have an effect on cookies, too.

And at the very least, we would need a little more accurate information as to what the exact problems are. "Says I need to reconfigure it or something like that," really gives us no clues as to what the problem might potentially be.

He can also contact me directly at doug@apexspeed.com if he is still having problems after clearing out his browser.

doug

Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

Default Computer

Thanks guys ! I finally got it after relisting it as a secure site. Don't know why I lost it but suspect my 17 year old is probably involved. I do two things really well in life and the computer isn't on the list. Thanks again for a great site and bunch of competitors

Thread Information