Liked: 16

Default Portland Rose Cup National

Qualifying today in nice 70 degree sunny weather.
    DSR Mark Jaremko, Stohr, 1:07.9
    FA Keith Lively Swift 1:08.0
    FA Mark Ishikawa
    FA James Blackwell
    FB Kyle Oberndorf Stohr 1:12.4
    FB Nicholas Belling Stohr 1:13.1
    DSR Paul Rosen, Stohr 1:13.8
    FB Rod Rice Stohr 1:13.9
    FB Larry Vollum Stohr 1:14.0
    DSR Perry Richardson Stohr 1:14.3
    CSR Chris Souliotis Speads 1:14.5
    FB Dave Palmer Stohr 1:15.3

I had a chance to speak with one of the BOD guys today. I may get to have a word with the
    SCCA President on Saturday. My impression is that the BOD has a surprising lack of understanding of the speed and cost differences between the racing classes that they sanction and regulate.

Liked: 553

Thanks, Lee. Good turnout for FB. Good job.

Those are all good drivers, and they're 4+ seconds off Keith's FA time. Maybe that will help open their (BOD) eyes a bit.

Can you share with us the actual comment(s) that gave you that impression about the BOD being out of touch?

Good luck, have fun. Keep us posted.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Default scca

I specifically asked if the Board was committed to the Runoffs or if they had some new agenda and are not so interested in club road racing. I was told no, the Board is fully behind the Runoffs.
    My impression is that Board members go to a race or two, and they might see a good F1000 driver running with a wanker in an old Atlantic. That forms their entire opinion. Much like you and I probably have no clue what's going on in EP or GT4 or whatever, they don't know as much as we do about open wheel racing. It sounds like they are sharpening their pencils and taking a closer look at the consolidation. Keep writing letters.

Liked: 309

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stohr View Post
    It sounds like they are sharpening their pencils and taking a closer look at the consolidation. Keep writing letters.
    Not only that, but the BoD's next conference call is this coming Monday evening (June 2nd), so be sure to email your thoughts THIS WEEKEND to bod@scca.com and crb@scca.com. Stan
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 706

Lee,
    There seems to be several Stohr drivers that don't participate in this forum and are not included in my e-mail distribution group. I hope that you pass on information on recent events and ecourage them to protect their investments by writing to the BOD and taking a more active interest in the direction of their class.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stohr View Post
    My impression is that Board members go to a race or two, and they might see a good F1000 driver running with a wanker in an old Atlantic.
    Easy there, Lee! My DB4 may be old.....but I really don't appreciate being called a wanker!(just kidding) .

Thanks for the insight. Hopefully everyone will keep those cards and letters coming.

Default Rose Cup National

Nicholas Belling won the FB race after Kyle Oberndorf dropped out on lap 12.
    Larry Vollum was put back to 5th after a supposed yellow flag infraction.
    Rod Rice was second, David Palmer third, Kyle fourth. Everyone got enough laps to be credited with a finish.
    Fastest FB lap was Kyle at 1:12.0 Keith Lively FA winner did a 1:08.3.
    Mark Jaremko won overall in his DSR at 1:07.6 a new track record.

Here is Nick in Seattle last week -
    Last edited by Lee Stohr; 05.31.08 at 11:46 PM.

Liked: 210

Why did Oberndorf pull off??
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 0

I had a C clip on my drive shaft give way and the drive shaft came off. Really disappointing, but hey,... "thats racing".
    We had a great qualify and we were leading the FB group by over 16 seconds prior to the failure.
    My STOHR F1000 is absolutely awesome, thanks to Wayne and Doug Felch for all their hardwork and input.

Kyle

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 270

Default BOD Call

Our call was rescheduled to Wednesday due to insurmountable technical issues that prevented most of the BOD getting access.
    FYI - The intention was not to merge FA and FB from a performance point of view, only that FB would run as-is in FA for tracking purposes as we did with FE till it makes the numbers.
    Phil

Phil,

Thanks for the info. I hope that the other Board members feel the same way......I do not feel that it is feasible to "equalize" the performance of the two classes.
    Last edited by Rick Ross; 06.02.08 at 11:06 PM.

Contributing Member Nicholas Belling's Avatar

Default Actually after video / data review gap was 6.25 seconds prior to failure.....

Quote Originally Posted by 996kyle View Post
    I had a C clip on my drive shaft give way and the drive shaft came off. Really disappointing, but hey,... "thats racing".
    We had a great qualify and we were leading the FB group by over 16 seconds prior to the failure.
    My STOHR F1000 is absolutely awesome, thanks to Wayne and Doug Felch for all their hardwork and input.

Kyle

Correction Kyle after video / data review gap was 6.25ish +/- s few thousandth's of a second prior to failure.....

Had to throw that out there.. 16 is just too big of a gap,....

Kick some ass at the sprints kyle.. Im rooting for you.. !!!! 2 up DUDE...

Take your brakes off your car for RA test day.. That will guarentee the fast lap of the entire day..
    Nicholas Belling
    email@nicholasbelling.com
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default I don't think Kyle want to try that!

About 45 years ago I rode a Flat Track Motorcycle that had No Brakes (intentionaly) and it was just TO strange!

Thread Information