Liked: 273

Default West Coast Edge Eng. FB

Hello All
    It's been 3 months since we posted any photos on the progress of our FB project. We finished all the molds, built all the body panels, and completed final assembly of the chassis since the last post.

The list of things to do can be counted on 2 hands now... LOL.....The last hurdle is to finish the floors, diffuser, and front wing mount.

I'd like to think we can begin testing in June. Goal is to be competitive at the ARRC race in November.

On a personal note went back to Pocono last weekend and went thru the Bertil Roos school. Needed to get my National License back after being out of the sport since 1990. Had tons of fun and got some rain race experience in at the same time. Thanks to Dennis Macchio (old FF bud) for putting together a quality program.

Regards
    Gary Hickman
    San Diego, Ca.
    Last edited by ghickman; 10.05.15 at 12:49 PM.
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Contributing Member Billy Wight's Avatar
    Liked: 0

Default f1000

Looks pretty good Gary. Don't forget the tie-rods! When's the first test?
    Billy Wight
    Luxon Engineering
    www.luxonengineering.com
    858.699.5313 (mobile)
    billy@luxonengineering.com

Liked: 273

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Wight View Post
    Looks pretty good Gary. Don't forget the tie-rods! When's the first test?
    Thanks Billy...we changed the rack position a few weeks back. We had mechanical issue that kept us from our ideal Ackerman, so we cut it apart and redid it (hence the track rods aren't done. We actually built our own steering rack and saved 2 1/2 pounds at the same time.

I really honestly believe we will be done with this in 3 weeks. We're so close now and we plan to pick up the pace.

This has been an absolutely huge project for Tony and I. My respect for anyone building from scratch is off the chart. Would have been a lot easier and less expensive just to buy a car but then there are rewards for building your own design.

Gary
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Thread Information