Thread: FB Registry

Liked: 706

Default FB Registry

To all FB participants:
    I recently sent out a group e-mail to everyone with a valid e-mail address from the registry found on www.formula1000.com, direct link here: http://www.mike-beauchamp.com/f1000/f1000registry.xls

If you haven't received the message, please send me an e-mail or PM with a good e-mail address and I'll forward the message to you and include you on future e-mails.

The gist of the message is an effort to increase participation in 2008 with a goal of earning a Runoffs invite in 2009. Feel free to discuss the ideas here or privately through that e-mail group.

Let's move FB up the participation list!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Liked: 553

Thanks, Mike.

Question: Do we know the requirements that would need to be met for FB to get a Runoffs invitation in 2009? I assume that's published somewhere, but don't feel like doing the research. If we know the requirements, and can track our participation this year, it might help us monitor and see if we are close or not.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 309

Russ, per paragraph E on page 21 of the 2008 GCR, the top 24 Nat'l classes (by participation in Nat'l races) in a given year are invited to the following year's Runoffs. So, presuming no changes, the top 24 classes from 2008 will be invited to the 2009 Runoffs. As of the end of April, FB was ranked 26th on 34 total entries. FWIW, S2 was 24th on 53 entries.

Stan
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Thanks, Stan.

Is it too pessimistic to think FB may not have a snowball's chance to compete in the 2009 Runoffs?

Looking ahead at the 2008 SEDiv schedule, the only national that might be on my radar is Rd Atl May 31. Sorry I can't do more to help.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

The three classes immediately ahead of FB are T2, S2 and F5, all of which are now entering their strongest participation months of the year (based on recent years' results). That said, it is not out of the question for FB to end up in the top 24, but it will take a concentrated effort on the part of the FB community to make it happen. Stan
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Quote Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post

Is it too pessimistic to think FB may not have a snowball's chance to compete in the 2009 Runoffs?
    If the lackluster response to my e-mail is any indication, FB doesn't have a prayer. Disappointing.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Contributing Member
    Liked: 13

Default Don't Worry Be Happy (that you have an FB)

Sorry Mike,

I was too busy working on my FB all day to day to respond.

See you at Road America in 09.

Ed Soenke
    FB34

Liked: 3

Default I am up for the challenge

Mike,

Sorry that I haven't responded to the e-mail, but I am up for the challenge.

I have already entered a few Nationals this year, and despite one $eriou$ crash and one recent blown motor, I will enter more.

I write this at 3:30 am just finishing a 19 hour hell day of crashed server repairs at work. Later today my fresh George Dean motor is due to arrive at the airport. I will spend the next 48 hours installing it and getting ready then it is off to Summit Point (National).

If the racing gods are willing, I plan to run at least 3 or 4 more Nationals this year. I urge the rest of my F1000 brothers to do the same.

Running regionals doesn't help our cause at all. We are in year 2 of a 5 year term to establish ourselves. The numbers are improving, but we need to work together to really come out in mass over the summer.

Liked: 126

Me too Mike - working on the FB!

Trying to work, fix the house, spend time with wife and family - and all the while trying to make so many parts...

Liked: 11

I think we are all in the same boat!

I've been out in the garage trying to get her up and runnng for CMP. If I was not replacing the oil coolers it would be done now!

I will do my best to support national numbers but its a bad year for me to go all-national. The rebuild/ remake has been more costly than I anticipated and it will effect my ability to participate, esp in the long-tow races. Plus, having a job that puts me on the road 2-3 weeks a month makes it more difficult to leave my wife and 20 month-old daughter for recreational activities.

Thanks for your continued efforts with F1K Mike. Between being one of the rules-writers, first builders, ARRC events organizers, website creator, and now this- I'm happy you are in our camp! Wish I could do more.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Mike, your efforts are appreciated.

Sean O., Ed, Rob, (and many others), I hear ya, man. Building an F1000 is like a Black Hole in nature.

Sean M.,

Your post is inspirational, & makes me:
    - want to try harder to add to the national count
    - feel even worse about my two 'almost' nationals earlier this season
    - feel guilty about the paltry 40 hours per week I spend on my car.

Maybe someone will make a movie about your season. In the climatic scene, you can fight Apollo Creed.

:-).
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 7

As I stated in my e-mail (I hope you got it) as soon as I run the double regional at Nashville in June and get my national license I will start running the nationals at Memphis, Atlanta, St Louis, and if I can afford the gas I'll go to Savannah and Kershaw. Not sure what is left to go to for the rest of the year but if the car is in one piece I'll go somewhere. I'm not sure the car and driver should be at nationals yet but I would like to help the numbers so the good cars in the class can go to the runoffs next year. Guess I could paint the rear wing bright yellow so you know to stay away from the rookie when passing the moving chicane. I'll keep working on every side job I can to get some racing money so I can get to more races.

Quote Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
    Building an F1000 is like a Black Hole in nature.
    What...you've never heard SWIMBO's definition of a 'race car'?

A Black Hole into which one pours money!

Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

As I stated in my e-mail, I've procrastinated in sending out the proposal. To be honest, the procrastination is due to the same reasons everyone here has stated, endless work on updating the car and getting ready for the season. A small confession: I've now had to skip two nationals that I intended on entering because the car isn't ready...

It might be premature to develop an organized season-long championship, but I really want the 3rd Annual F1000 Championship to be at Road America!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Liked: 0

Its not too late to start anything,... lets all agree on the spots you outlined.

1 in the west (Rose Cup)
    1 central (Sprints)
    1 northeast (??)
    1 south east(ARRC)
    1 south west (texas??)

If your cars are close please attend ANY National event in your area,...please!
    We need a National Championship spot at the Runoffs in 2009.

Cheers
    Kyle

ps I will be at the rose cup, sprints (4000 miles return from my home) and ARRC (6000 miles return from my home) races.
    I will supply drinks and snacks 1 nite at the sprints and 1 nite at the ARRC race for ALL FB drivers that attend!!

Default Getting Closer -- No ARRC

Mike,

We have been working dilligently on the car. The diffuser has been pulled off the plug and just needs some touching up before it gets painted and bolted to the car. The exhaust is fitted and needs to be finish welded and coated. We are working on the air inlet scoop and once that is fitted, it's off to the powdercoater and then final assembly! We are getting closer. I still need to get my license back, and I'm not sure, due to the lack of driver's schools in the middle of the year, and close to home, I'll be able to improve the National numbers much this year.

As for the ARRC, I'm out before we get a chance to go. My wife will be 8 months pregnant, and since our last kid came early, not only my racing, but my life would end if I missed the excitement scheduled between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

2009 should be great in more ways than one. We'll be out there this year, but just not sure how much we can contribute on the National scene. I must admit that I am excited about the change in venue of the run-offs, but unless the format is changed, I don't see us going back, especially with gas prices and other costs where they are. The time value of money is just not worth it.
    Ian MacLeod
    "Happy Hour: 5:00 - 5:30"
    Tatuus F1k

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

See guys, if you wouldn't have excluded my stock Busa powered, vintage rocker arm 83 Ralt (1150 lbs & less HP than the new 1000cc engines) from this class I could be adding to your participation numbers & wouldn't be taking any wins away from anyone! Sure would have been fun to run the Runoffs again after a 10 year hiatus.
    Last edited by formulasuper; 07.13.08 at 6:02 PM.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 3

Apollo Creed is a *****!

George Dean got my new motor done in record time. I am working on installling it today. Off to Summit tomorrow....

Sean

Ian,

Sorry to hear you can't make the ARRC, but you have a pretty good excuse.

Congratulations to you and your family.

Sean M.

The Rocky theme just started in my head. Good luck and have fun at Summit.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

I've been trying to actually run. Towed down to a national at MAM only to have the car not run and then was going to head to Blackhawk this weekend but an engine problem is keeping me out of that so its not like I am not trying to kill myself.

After literally putting in a month straight of 9 hour days after work I would love nothing more than to be helping the numbers but I just can't seem to buy a fricking break.

I will be at the sprints and cat at RA, gateway (first weekend in august), MAM (Aug 16-17), and if I can convince a buddy to tow his ITS car down with me to split fuel will be at the ARRC.

Just checked DLBracing and the fact that only 6 FB's are signed up isnt spectacular considering how many FA's are there.
    John Stecher - Rochester Minnesota
    http://twitter.com/johnstecher - Follow me on Twitter
    http://www.trackpedia.net/blogs/john/ - My Blog
    http://www.trackpedia.com - The world's premier race track reference

Hang in there, John. It will all come together and be a beautiful thing in the end. I hope Sean M. will be able to confirm that next week, and a few of us are going to give it a go during Memorial Day weekend.

There seems to be a common theme from people preparing their FB cars. I'm sure no one thought it would be easy, but it's hard to imagine up front all the work (and luck) it takes.

One thing I've found helpful for when the going gets tough - Don't keep a gun nearby in the trailer.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Thanks for the encouragement as usual Russ. As I was just telling Keith C in a IM session with him I was looking mighty fondly at the junk yard car crusher as I drove by...

I'll have her running here eventually but jesus like you said its impossible to imagine the luck involved with getting everything going smoothly and getting everything to play nice. Ah yes now if I can only figure out why my damn motor decides to randomly run on 2 or 3 cylinders.
    John Stecher - Rochester Minnesota
    http://twitter.com/johnstecher - Follow me on Twitter
    http://www.trackpedia.net/blogs/john/ - My Blog
    http://www.trackpedia.com - The world's premier race track reference

Bump for Russ.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Thread Information