Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harry Sauce

Liked: 309

I had a brief chat with Mike this afternoon, who said that Harry has been feeling better in recent days and is looking forward to transitioning to a wheel chair soon. I know I speak for all when I wish him a continued speedy recovery!

Stan
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 0

Very sorry to hear about this. Certainly puts things in perspective.

john brewer

Liked: 259

is Harry home from the hospital yet?? getting home from any hospital does wonders for the spirit. best wishs for a speedy and complete recovery!!

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net

Liked: 99

Default Harry Sauce

Art- I believe once they have decided how well his heels have healed they will allow him to go home.The back is still a question , but we will know soon. Thanks for all the well wishes and concern.It truly is amazing the response we have seen from the Apexspeed and SCCA community.Thank you all. Mike Sauce

Default Harry Sauce update

Harry is finally home from the rehab hospital.He is confined primarily to a wheel chair and his bed but has therapy every day and has been doing really well.He is working his legs but cannot put weight on them for at least another 7-8 weeks.His spirits are pretty good and his back has shown some improvement.The damaged vertebrae that was into the spinal canal has retracted back out like the Dr. Trammell had hoped.Surgery on his back is not necessary right away so he can wait to do it later once his legs have had more time to heal.He does have to wear a back brace when not in bed.He will have several months till he can get back to work full time.He is recovering well under the circumstances.I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to his fund. It is greatly appreciated and really needed.The racing community is truly an amazing group.Thanks Mike Sauce
    Last edited by M.Sauce; 06.13.08 at 3:56 PM.

Liked: 0

Default Second Call

Mike:

Really appreciate the good progress reports. But 7-8 weeks more out of the office is a long time, so, unless you wave me off, I'm making a Second Call for the Recovery Fund.

Jack Walbran
    F5 #67

Default Harry Sauce Recovery Fund

Jack- Thank you so much.Harry has many medical bills as well as just the normal day to day stuff. Thanks to you and everyone who has helped. Mike Sauce

Liked: 78

I saw the accident from the sidelines and I was in complete shock to see this happen. But, the race should have been red/black flagged because the ambulance had to stop and wait for cars to go past him before he could continue on towards the driver, a total of two times. Which in my opinion.. is two too many. I hope that answers your question Mr.Defer. That is just my opinion on it, and that might be biased, because I am family.

Thank you to everyone that has donated to his fund, and that has sent cards. I know that my entire family appreciates it. An update on my uncle, he talked to the "back doctor" last week and his back has become more compressed since the accident has happened. They have not decided whether or not he will need surgery for his back, or not. My uncle also informed me, that he will be up and walking with a walker, on the tenth of this month. Please pray that his recovery is easier and that he will be able to walk again with ease.

Meg Sauce

Liked: 1417

How is Harry doing now? Any updates that can be passed along?

Default Harry Sauce

Doug Thanks for asking.Harry is still not walking very much as his right leg has not healed as the doctors originally hoped.He is in good spirits and longs to race again someday.Right now 8 months since the accident if it were me I would be worried more about walikng than racing but not Harry.He loves racing and is very positively optomistic about his recovery.Thanks again for asking. Mike Sauce

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information