Liked: 0

Default GRATTAN EWC ENTRIES

At 25 days and counting before the 2008 EWC opens at Grattan Raceway, here's the "first look" entry list:

Steve Beeler, Lola T-540, CFF, E
    Dave Harmison, Royale RP-21, CFF, E
    Joe Marcinski, Tiga FFA-78, CFF, E
    Phil Kingham, Zink Z-10C, CFF, E
    Gary Godula, Reynard 88F, FF, E
    Alan Murray, Crossle 45F, CFF, W
    Bob Hall, Crossle 35F, CFF, W
    John Haydon Jr, Tiga FFA-80, CFF, W
    Tom Stillwell, Swift DB-1, FF, W
    Allen Wheatcroft, Van Diemen RF98, FF, W
    Pat / Ethan Mackey, 94 Euroswift, FF, W

For those of you who are counting, that is 11 cars so far. I have still not heard from 28 drivers in the recruiting pool and I have 3 tentative entries that I have not listed. The early line on the over/under is 12 cars but I could change my mind on that with a little activity in the next few days.

We need a few more cars to ensure a FF/CFF only race group. Enter early, and enter often.
    I can't help with the high gas prices but I can get you an entry form.

Steve Beeler, de facto EWC commissioner
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)441-4460 x1141 sbeeler@pmcorp.com

Default 11 + 2 = 13

More good news. Paul Quiniff (Lola T-540, CFF, W) and Bruce Faucett (Van Diemen RF84, FF, E) have both checked in. This brings the car count total to 13 at 21 days and counting before the EWC series openers.

Lola T-540 HU44

Liked: 47

Michael Green (E) driving a Lola T440 Club Ford informed me at the Quad Regional last Sunday that he was going to Grattan for rounds 1 & 2 of the EWC.

Paul Reineck (W) driving the #51 Duff Beer Van Diemen RF98 FF is a maybe (he is currently touring Germany for 3 weeks and the car is not together at the moment).

Ian
    Ian Lenhart
    Level 11 Creative
    www.level11creative.com
    lenhart06@yahoo.com

Default 13 + 1 = 14

With the addition of Michael Green (Lola T-440, CFF, E), the "first look" Grattan car count is up to 14 cars. If you have not already done so, please send in your entry now if not sooner. We are probably within a couple of cars of securing a FF/CFF only race group.

Anyone else out there that I don't know about? In 18 days, a Formula Ford can be built up from a bare frame. First send in your entry, then head out to your shop and start putting that car together...

Lola T-540 HU44

Default 14 - 1 + 1 = 14

Bruce Faucett (Van Diemen RF84, FF, E) sadly reports that he is out for Grattan after getting into the fence at the race track formerly known as IRP. Bruce is OK but there is a bit more to fix than he can manage in three weeks. However, Alan Murray reports that he he has a deal with Marty Handberg (Tiga FFA-81, CFF, W) for transportation and trackside service.

Therefore, we are still at 14 cars with 15 days before the test day...

Lola T-540 HU44

Default LAST CALL !

If you are going to be at Grattan for the EWC series openers, it is time to check in and, more importantly, mail in your entry form. A single race group for FF/CFF for a dozen or so cars cannot be justified. I'll be talking to the race organizers this weekend and will recommend that race groups be combined if we don't have a larger car count.

Don't forget tech inspections in Plymouth on Monday May 19. Contact me for details.

Lola T-540 HU44

Default 14 - 1 = 13

I just got word through Andy Kilcoyne that Bob Hall will not be at Grattan in the Kilcoyne Motorsports Crossle 35F. Clearly, we need more entries for to justify the FF/CFF only race group. Instead of just complaining about bad race groups, do something positive: send your entry in tonight for the Grattan EWC series openers...

Lola T-540 HU44

Liked: 44

I'm the WMR webmaster, BoD member and entry form maker (among other things) and I gotta ask.....where are all of the FF/CFF EWC entries? As of last night we had 9. The late fee has been waived so if you want to come, please let me (frameh at msu dot edu) or the registrar know (her contact info is on the entry form). We are light on entries (as have all GLDiv events) and REALLY need you guys to show up. If you haven't driven at Grattan, its a super fuin course. The track has been sealed edge to edge from T5 to the front stretch and by some reports to me (I have not raced there this year) is smoother. The EWC has always been fun for us and we'd like to keep you as a speerate race group. But9 cars won't do it.

Contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks for your time,
    Dayle
    Dayle Frame
    Area 4 Director (MI, OH, IN KY, WV)
    Chair of the Electrified Vehicles Advisory Committee (EVAC)
    Email me at dframe@scca.com

Liked: 3

99% sure I'm on the list -- my check has cleared!

Come on out! I'll be on 2005 tires, running not-quite-right gears (where DID they all go?? ), and about 50 pounds over minimum weight, so don't think you won't have anyone to beat!

Contributing Member Gary Godula's Avatar
    Liked: 60

Default Gears on the way

John,

I have gears that you can borrow if needed. I might also have some spare crew members (from the Western Michigan FSAE team) to assist if needed.

All, We need cars. What happenned to the 12-14 committed cars?

FYI: Hoosier Midwest has pulled their support for this event, so we do not have tire truck service that we are aware of. Mount your tires now.
    Gary Godula
    '88 Reynard FF88
    SCCA Club Racing / Solo #57 FF/CM

Liked: 3

Default Grattan EWC

Dayle:

Please check your e-mail.

Thread Information