Classifieds Super License Messenger Racing's Avatar
    Liked: 160

Default MX-1 First Track Day

Finally had the joy of turning left and right with the F1000 version MX-1 last weekend at the Pueblo National. I drove the weekend as a test with a race thrown in. Only one spin - no off course excursions - no inside passes at the apex, etc. We learned a lot. The car is a blast to drive and had a very good handling balance straight out of the box. I had a couple of small gremlins that I chased and came home with a list of things to do, some related to the conversion and some were just plain old race car maintenance and upgrade things. Michael Rock was there in the Speads F1000, good guy. I think he had an electrical gremlin Saturday that gave me the win. I broke a chain Sunday that gave him the win after he started at the back due to fixing his problems from Saturday. I was pleased because Sunday our lap times were similar.

It was good to see JR in the Stohr csr and Chris Ferrell in his Stohr DSr. Jose Gerardo was flying in his FC car. I hear he and his buddy are converting their late model VD cars to F1000. Good folks and will be a welcome addition to the class.

Colorado may be one of the last regions of the country where the old school SCCA Club racing flavor still exists. Everyone is pleasant, easy to work with and just plain relaxed.

I am traveling this week but hope to get a more detailed report on my blog at www.messengerracing.com by next week.

Jay Messenger
    Last edited by Messenger Racing; 08.11.12 at 11:06 PM.
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Liked: 553

Fantastic! Glad to hear. Looks great.

I guess when the chain broke, no damage? That's good.

If you want to share your list, I'm sure we'd find it interesting.

Don't put a DSR body on it! :-)
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Classifieds Super License Messenger Racing's Avatar
    Liked: 160

Default to do list

It was a blast to run the car and I figured that running as a F1000 would help those numbers for the class next year. Luckily Michael and I both were able to get two starts between our intermittent "issues".

To do list:

Still foggy here due to lack of sleep and father-in-law in hospital but the quicky list is:

-brake rotors (found some stress cracks I didn't like)
    -redo muffler and exhaust (was running a temporary setup which really choked the motor down)
    -modify oil tank vent and trace oil leak
    -mount diffuser (ran out of time to do)
    -finish tensioner upgrade (we did a temporary version for the event)
    -add additional heat shield blanket between motor and header - Chris Ferrell had one and I liked the way it looked
    -BUILD A SEAT - got bruises everywhere!
    -fix data system glitch - wasn't getting downloads
    -add more oil cooling if I am going to run as F1000 again (we had always planned on a bigger cooler for the dsr but are running a smaller unit to fit the F1000 bodywork convenietly
    -redo gearing

and... on and on and on............

JM
    Last edited by Messenger Racing; 04.15.08 at 12:40 PM. Reason: brain dead
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Thread Information