Thread: MX1 first test

Classifieds Super License Messenger Racing's Avatar
    Liked: 160

Default MX1 first test

Here are a couple of teaser shots from the first rolling run of the Messenger MX1. The location is an undisclosed area 51 type of place - if we told you where it is, we would have to shoot you!

Typical test with no big problems. Had trouble shifting but found that problem. Tach not working but found that. Throttle stuck on pedal stop - new one being built!

Hope to make some more passes this weekend with significantly lower gears and all of the other items fixed.

Jay Messenger
    www.messengerracing.com
    Last edited by Messenger Racing; 08.11.12 at 11:06 PM.
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Liked: 0

Great job. You could probably run out on that road for days without being seen.

Since it is Texas, he is serious about the shooting thing. He's allowed to.
    Ken

Default Texas road

Yup, that road runs north and south. I can go 3 hours north and 14 hours south and still be in Texas!

Why don't you Woodlands guys run by after lunch and take a look.

Oh, and by the way concealed firearms are allowed at my bank!

JM
    Muleshoe, Texas
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Default MX1 Flies!

I have finally updated some info on my blog at www.messengerracing.com (click on News).

There is a quick youtube video of last weekends blast!

JM
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Liked: 7

Are you going to put wings on that car to run FB?

Jerry

Liked: 553

Awesome. Congratulations. It looks great. Can't wait to see it in person. Do you think it will make an ARRC appearance in November?
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Default MX1

Jerry,
    Yes it will have a full diffuser plus wings for FB. They are just off for the sake of simplicity now. I am still undecided on the air box and scoop. I have a couple of ideas floating around in my head. The first outing may still have the FC airscoop in place,

Russ,
    Sorry, can't make Atlanta - that is something like a 25-30 hour tow from the middle of the US where I live. I am sure it will be a heck of a bash!

JM
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Liked: 702

Quote Originally Posted by Messenger Racing View Post
    Sorry, can't make Atlanta - that is something like a 25-30 hour tow from the middle of the US where I live. I am sure it will be a heck of a bash!

JM
    C'mon, Jay! The Belling clan drove twice as far, and I think they're going to do it again!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

I started to mention to Jay that there was a tow fund in 2007, but the Bellings (deservedly) got a huge slice of that pie. Probably didn't put a dent in their expenses.

Jay, we know it's asking a lot, but keep your options open. Having you and your car at the ARRC would be great for the F1000 group, and we can almost guarantee a great time.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 3

Default Peer pressure

As my old college roommate used to say, "I've got three guys over here who say you are a complete woosie if you don't do it".

Strangely it always seemed to be effective...

All levity aside, I would really like to see your conversion there. As things are shaping up this should be another year of some really cool (and really different) cars competing. Yours would be a welcome addition.

Regards,
    Sean

Liked: 0

Bellings will be there, so will I (Kyle Oberndorf). I am also travelling from Vancouver Canada, 2 hours north of Seattle. It is going to be great. We are also heading to the June Sprints, perhaps that will be the other good spot for us to all meet and race?

Cheers
    Kyle
    C U soon

Default BC connections

Ever run in to my buddy Ian Wood up there? Great guy - we used to be teammates in the old S2 pro series driving for Team San Diego.

So if you drive to Atlanta do you come across Texas on I 40? How many hours is it - a gazillion?

As far as my attendance, I only get 2 weeks off a year and the runoffs takes one and the wife thinks she should get some of that time.

I am not familiar with the Atlanta race - how many days does it last? What classes will be racing?
    JM
    Last edited by Messenger Racing; 03.20.08 at 2:58 PM.
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Default The ARRC

Jay, take a look at arrc-online.com. It will give you an idea of the schedule.

IIRC, you may or may not run on Sunday. Sundy usually has the "special" races, such as IT enduro, "Pro Shoot Out", etc. The "regular" (non-Runoffs) classes, such as FB, have sessions Friday and race Saturday. Thursday is a track test day that almost everyone does.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Default Updates

I have been too busy to update posts but I have finally added too my blog at www.messengerracing.com Click on "news"

There you will find the story of the Pueblo NN outing as a F1000 and a DSR update. Here are some photos from our test session and the Pueblo race.

JM
    Last edited by Messenger Racing; 08.11.12 at 11:06 PM.
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Thread Information