Thread: F3

Liked: 0

Is the F3 series cancelled for 2002? I don't see any reference to it on the SCCA Pro site....

TDR
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Liked: 702

Gosh, I thought it was cancelled in 2001!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

You might be right... I've been out of the country for a while...
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Liked: 1417

Ugh, don't get me started on the USF3 series...

Volkswagen should be embarrassed to put their name on that series, as should anyone else. Most reasonable individuals thought that the series was being cancelled last year, and even up to May, I was under the impression that this was true.

As far as I know, they ran a handful of events at a couple of tracks with 6-8 cars in each event. What a pathetic excuse for a race series. Even their website was down for a majority of the race season. Looks like they are still planning on a 2002 series, too...

http://www.usf3.net

In defense of these cars, I must say they are one of the best looking cars I have ever seen. If one could be had for 75k it would be a deal with one simple exception, you would have no one to play with!

[ November 25, 2001: Message edited by: Bryan Pacelli ]
    Bryan J. Pacelli<br />FC #16

We got to see the first race the F3 guys did in 2000 at our home track of Hallet. The high point was meeting Aldo Andretti. Six cars started and three finished. They go pretty good for VW powdered cars. Bertils called me a few weeks ago and he wanted me to come do a group 2 deal for older cars with them. I asked him what the deal was with them, no races and the web site not being up. He said the guy running the deal bailed out and left it so as of now Bertils is running the show. He didn't say anything about the SCCA but I'm not sure if they really had anything much to do with it anyway. He said that the big hang up was getting any cars. Seems the F3 big boys have a chassis freeze till the end of this season and no one can pry any cars loose. He hoped that this year would end their lack of car availability. Dallara has offered to sell a new 2001 spec chassis for like 75 g's to help them get going, in the scheme of things this is cheap.

Mark

Thread Information